• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #5 | Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens | Oct. 14, 2017

Tell that to Philly, Winnipeg, St Louis, Dallas......

More than enough examples. GM's would pay Price for the job security alone!

That's poor management...and it shouldn't be an excuse to pay 10.5M for a goalie....

Any of these teams could've traded for Fleury, Talbot, Bishop.....yet they always make stupid goalie moves

If only Price had an history of stealing playoff rounds I wouldn't mind but instead he gets outplayed by any half decent goalie not name Tukka Rask.

So apologists will say hockey is a team sport, so cannot blame Price if his team can't score in playoffs....

Then in that case, if it's been 10 years of "his team cannot score in playoffs"....why pay a goalie 10.5M....just use any above average goalie available....

I just feel like there was ZERO negotiations....Price's agent said i want this, and Bergy just said yes....heck even McDavid took less...so did Crosby...

Of course Nero said yes, the only reason he still has a job is Price. He will not trade his meal ticket. He was almost guillotined for trading Subban. Getting rid of Price would ensure a guillotining.

I totally get your argument but you are a scientist type who forgets the emotional aspects of the matter. Dispassionately, it would be fine to let Price walk or trade him for the shit goalies get back. However, Bergevin's entire job and lifestyle, including his Boss and Zegna suits, Tom Ford sunnies, Bruno Maglia shoes and likely expensive watches from Nardin are dependent on Price. He will not swallow himself whole.

Back