• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly GDT: Game #5 | Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens | Oct. 14, 20

It's 3 on 3 overtime.

What good is a line matchup going to do?

We wanted to DEFEND matthews on 3 on 3 overtime? The game mode with near zero ability to defend?

And it showed, because even "matching" and trying to defend Matthews he and nylander went on to score in OT. So for all the good that did.

I hope to never see that bullshit again. Guy with the most OT goals last season and he's riding the pine. God damn world class stupidity.
Julien wanted to get to SO. He knows he has the better goalie. That much was obvious.

I’m really starting to think going the Kyle Dubas route (Dave Dombrowski, Theo Epstein etc..) is the only means of performing a complete transfusion of the rotting Habs corps.

There's something to be said for that, though we all know its hardly Milson's way to go into left field.

Sam Pollack and Frank Selke, our two best GMS, were technically non-hockey guys in terms of playing the game,etc. Then again I suppose, so were Grundman and Gauthier. I guess there were always two sorts of ways to go.....

If thats exactly what you would have done, then youre a clueless as CJ.

You grab drouin and put him out there versus Matthews.

You grab galchenyuk and put him out there versus nylander

That's the difference between the best coach in hockey and water the **** CJ is.

Babcock went into OT wanting to win, CJ went into OT hoping not to lose. And lost anyways.

Yes I must be very clueless. What I do know is that it's ok to have a different opinion on things such as hockey.

Do you know who Julien was planning to put out next? Maybe it was 92 and maybe that match up would of been to our advantage. Aside from 3 on 3 OT did the leafs generate a lot of odd man rushes or did they beat us all night with their speed? No they did not and one of those reasons why was the game plan they had heading into the game.

Better goaltending and we win that game.

Last edited:
Yes I must be very clueless. What I do know is that it's ok to have a different opinion on things such as hockey.

Do you know who Julien was planning to put out next? Maybe it was 92 and maybe that match up would of been to our advantage. Aside from 3 on 3 OT did the leafs generate a lot of odd man rushes or did they beat us all night with their speed? No they did not and one of those reasons why was the game plan they had heading into the game.

They did not, but 3 on 3 isnt the same as 5 on 5. You cannot contain another team 3 on 3, but CJ tried anyways, got burned and lost the extra point. Thats what I'm pissed at.

Doesnt matter who your second group is , this is 3/3 pond hockey where you try to score now . They still had Kadri , Marner and other to deal with . We had no advantage on that second change .

Total fkup by the bald fat bastard , period .

That game was winnable. Price wasn't his best and I'm pretty sure he'd be the first person to say so too.

I'm more annoyed that he didn't try AG on the top line after his goal than I am that he put Plekanec and Byron to start OT.

I'm more annoyed that he didn't try AG on the top line after his goal than I am that he put Plekanec and Byron to start OT.

Well, galchenyuk will always be buried on the 3rd or 4th line, I've accepted this.

I can't accept that the best overtime goal scorer didn't get to play because the coach wanted pleks on the ice

Well, galchenyuk will always be buried on the 3rd or 4th line, I've accepted this.

I can't accept that the best overtime goal scorer didn't get to play because the coach wanted pleks on the ice

He is in the doghouse , his jersey`s name should read ," goner "

The Pleks vs Matthews matchup in OT was never gonna end well for the Habs. Julien bungled that one. Quite shockingly actually.

Anyways, when does Pacioretty get demoted to the 4th line?

Back