• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly GDT: Game #5 | Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens | Oct. 14, 20

Same result. Decent effort by the team, but not really a great effort by 67. For a Saturday night game against the Leafs that's disappointing, Gallagher just cant make a hockey play, heck even Shaw is much better.

Not going to get on Price's back too much, he doesn't control the play anyway, In the end he will be the best player on the team this year, cause the rest are pretty mediocre.

Thanks to price, we won't be that bad. Stuck in the shitty middle is where we shall end up.

except i hope they miss the playoffs....Bergy-Molson don't deserve the scapegoat of making the playoffs....miss them and this city will be all over Bergy (he's been very condescending to lots of media in town)

I bet neither of them had a contract like Julien though.

I was joking.....

Molson is too cheap to pay both of them to stay home for the next 4-5 years.....

Molson ****ed-up....twice......you don't re-hire an ex-coach like Therrien, and then follow that up with another ex-coach like Julien. They do not fit the team's style of play.....even Max said it: we need to open things up more, not play safer hockey

I was joking.....

Molson is too cheap to pay both of them to stay home for the next 4-5 years.....

Molson ****ed-up....twice......you don't re-hire an ex-coach like Therrien, and then follow that up with another ex-coach like Julien. They do not fit the team's style of play.....even Max said it: we need to open things up more, not play safer hockey

Actually i think we are playing about as wide open as it gets.

What was the rush to give Julien such a contract? I don't get that. He wasn't Babcock or JQ after all.

He’s a better coach than Therrien that’s a fact.

But problem is that MB GMing on the fly forced him to make an offer Julien couldnt refuse or he risk losing him.

Basically the Boston Bruins dictated when Therrien was to get fired beacuse had Julien not been fired MB would have stayed the course with Therrien unyil the summer

Team played ok. Benn is awful and should sit. Davidson is an ok 6th dmen. But benn is too slow.

Too bad our goalie let us down again.

I was joking.....

Julien is here for at least this year and the middle of next, and he would have to be totally putrid to lose his job next year.

Julien is here for at least this year and the middle of next, and he would have to be totally putrid to lose his job next year.

MB loses his job first...Julien has gained enough respect around NHL circle that any new GM will innitially stick with him.

Plus Its not Julien that put this lineup together....there are serious holes in this lineup that have yet to be dealt with

Julien was good tonight. Game plan was solid. Limited an offensive team to a good amount of shots against. I can see why he went with who he did to start off OT. Julien can't stop pucks.

MB loses his job first...Julien has gained enough respect around NHL circle that any new GM will innitially stick with him.

Plus Its not Julien that put this lineup together....there are serious holes in this lineup that have yet to be dealt with

Ohhhh please Donnie......Julien is the one that asked for Ott-King-Martinsen...he's the one that preferred to keep slow Benn over Beaulieu....

Julien is no better than Bergy....the way he treats Chuckie proves it....playing Pleks over Drouin-Chuckie in OT proves it.....

Julien was good tonight. Game plan was solid. Limited an offensive team to a good amount of shots against. I can see why he went with who he did to start off OT. Julien can't stop pucks.

How do you not play your most skilled guys in 3 on 3 OT?

How is it galchenyuk and drouin are on the bench but Matthews and nylander are on the ice?

Why is pleks out there? Going to play the trap 3 on 3? Beyond retarded.

Julien is trash.

How do you not play your most skilled guys in 3 on 3 OT?

How is it galchenyuk and drouin are on the bench but Matthews and nylander are on the ice?

Why is pleks out there? Going to play the trap 3 on 3? Beyond retarded.

Julien is trash.

And a bald fat fcuk

[/B][/COLOR]

Ohhhh please Donnie......Julien is the one that asked for Ott-King-Martinsen...he's the one that preferred to keep slow Benn over Beaulieu....

Julien is no better than Bergy....the way he treats Chuckie proves it....playing Pleks over Drouin-Chuckie in OT proves it.....

MB was making the same dumb moves even before Julien arrived....always about character and trying hard to address the size issue.

The mandate was set by MB to get “responsible” character players.

Give Julien some talent and like any coach he’ll use it to win.

Now what is going on with AG is completely unacepatable but its been going on well before Julien got here.

Tonight Julien stuck to his game plan which was to defend against a quick strike team beacuse his team cant score for shit...not surprised he threw Plekanec out there vs Mathews in the hope of dodging that bullit early and than hope offensive guys het a crack at it

You tend to caich defensiveky when you have no confidence in scoring

There are certain things are killing me about this team

I expected them to be as good as last years team, jury is still out on that.

I expected the offense to be about the same, so far it's looking worse.

I expected the defense to be better defensively this season, it's looked worse. I expected the defense to be worse offensively, bang on so far.

I expected the power play to be just as poor, and it is.

So overall, what I though would get better is worse and what I thought would be worse is worse.

Back