• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly GDT: Game #5 | Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens | Oct. 14, 20

I was also tired of Therrien. Wanting Therrien gone does not equate to thinking Julien is any better.

This is the one issue I have with wanting Bergevin gone. While I strongly believe he needs to go, I have concern that Molson will just hire someone as bad, or worse.

This "must speak French" requirement is a serious hindrance in obtaining the best possible candidates. There were rumors that Babcock had some interest in the Montreal job, why wasn't Therrien immediately fired then?
I’m really starting to think going the Kyle Dubas route (Dave Dombrowski, Theo Epstein etc..) is the only means of performing a complete transfusion of the rotting Habs corps.

I’m really starting to think going the Kyle Dubas route (Dave Dombrowski, Theo Epstein etc..) is the only means of performing a complete transfusion of the rotting Habs corps.

Alex Anthopolous speaks French.

I am among those who wanted nothing to do with Julien, and couldn't believe the euphoria his hiring was generating.I did not dislike Therrien as much as most, either. And going back further,I wanted nothing to do with Bergevin when he as hired.

The fact Bergevin jumped when Julien was available is just one in a long line of events that showed he does not have a clue. But, by then we knew that for some time.

A mess.

Bergevin is very jumpy. No plan; just "fixing" short term leaks as they appear.

Last edited:
Thought you put 67. Either way I have no issue with CJ starting those two on the first shift. 92/27 would have been a good pairing to go out right after.

I dunno man. You put guys that can score. There's no defending a tie in OT.

Exactly, who worries about defense in pond hockey? Oh right, the habs.

Get your fastest, most skilled forwards and defense and you tell them to go score before their fastest, most skilled forwards and Defense do.

Hopefully that's a learning experience for CJ, don't put guys on the ice to shut down their top players during 3 on 3, because as we saw Saturday, It does not work.

I wouldn't against him. Weber had already changed and the habs did have a scoring chance of their own. It's just what I would of done. I understand the need to score but to start off OT I'm fine with what Julien did.

I wouldn't against him. Weber had already changed and the habs did have a scoring chance of their own. It's just what I would of done. I understand the need to score but to start off OT I'm fine with what Julien did.

If thats exactly what you would have done, then youre a clueless as CJ.

You grab drouin and put him out there versus Matthews.

You grab galchenyuk and put him out there versus nylander

That's the difference between the best coach in hockey and water the **** CJ is.

Babcock went into OT wanting to win, CJ went into OT hoping not to lose. And lost anyways.

Last edited:
I was also tired of Therrien. Wanting Therrien gone does not equate to thinking Julien is any better.

This is the one issue I have with wanting Bergevin gone. While I strongly believe he needs to go, I have concern that Molson will just hire someone as bad, or worse.

This "must speak French" requirement is a serious hindrance in obtaining the best possible candidates. There were rumors that Babcock had some interest in the Montreal job, why wasn't Therrien immediately fired then?

I agree, and sadly, there seems to be little doubt about it based on recent history.I was ready to gamble on Roy when Bergevin was hired, but knew it probably wasn't going to happen with Molson calling the shots. The fear among some seemed to be Roy could possibly make things worse. I saw him as a guy different, good or bad, from the rest. It was worth a gamble at the time. How could we be worse today?...and PK might be here.

If thats exactly what you would have done, then youre a clueless as CJ.

You grab drouin and put him out there versus Matthews.

You grab galchenyuk and put him out there versus nylander

That's the difference between the best coach in hockey and water the **** CJ is.

Babcock went into OT wanting to win, CJ went into OT hoping not to lose. And lost anyways.
Babcock had to put his players first, Julien responded with his matchup, I don't have a big issue with it either. If Julien starts on the road with Plekanec then I would have a big issue with it. It easier for the coach with the best player on the ice, he was going to win that matchup no matter what Julien put on the ice.

Therrien's time was up but that was my issue with wanting to get rid of him from the start, his replacement would likely not have been any better.

Babcock had to put his players first, Julien responded with his matchup, I don't have a big issue with it either. If Julien starts on the road with Plekanec then I would have a big issue with it. It easier for the coach with the best player on the ice, he was going to win that matchup no matter what Julien put on the ice.

It's 3 on 3 overtime.

What good is a line matchup going to do?

We wanted to DEFEND matthews on 3 on 3 overtime? The game mode with near zero ability to defend?

And it showed, because even "matching" and trying to defend Matthews he and nylander went on to score in OT. So for all the good that did.

I hope to never see that bullshit again. Guy with the most OT goals last season and he's riding the pine. God damn world class stupidity.

Unless ownership gives the green light to completely change the philosophy of how to run as team and that means hiring the best of the best and not having to lick the balls of the french press.

Theo and Dom had full autonomy to remake the roster and do whatever was required .

The Laffs finally gave in to a complete tear down with no longer clowns running the show and no ties to anyone to rebuild the roster , thats what is required full 100 percent acceptance .

Unless ownership gives the green light to completely change the philosophy of how to run as team and that means hiring the best of the best and not having to lick the balls of the french press.

Theo and Dom had full autonomy to remake the roster and do whatever was required .

The Laffs finally gave in to a complete tear down with no longer clowns running the show and no ties to anyone to rebuild the roster , thats what is required full 100 percent acceptance .

The leafs do not have the french issue

It's 3 on 3 overtime.

What good is a line matchup going to do?

We wanted to DEFEND matthews on 3 on 3 overtime? The game mode with near zero ability to defend?

And it showed, because even "matching" and trying to defend Matthews he and nylander went on to score in OT. So for all the good that did.

I hope to never see that bullshit again. Guy with the most OT goals last season and he's riding the pine. God damn world class stupidity.
Maybe the problem is that they actually tried to score instead of defending, which gave the Leafs a 2-1. Had they actually defend instead, we probably would have seen our second wave.

Maybe the problem is that they actually tried to score instead of defending, which gave the Leafs a 2-1. Had they actually defend instead, we probably would have seen our second wave.

Maybe the issue is that they tried to score but failed to because they are plekanec and Byron...where as a drouin galchenyuk combo might have scored and ended the game.

And for the record, if CJ had tried a drouin galchenyuk , or a drouin Max line in ot and Matthews went on and scored, I wouldn't be pissed. At least we should have tried to put our best players on the ice trying to win the game.

But Byron and plekanec? That's asking to lose.

I agree, and sadly, there seems to be little doubt about it based on recent history.I was ready to gamble on Roy when Bergevin was hired, but knew it probably wasn't going to happen with Molson calling the shots. The fear among some seemed to be Roy could possibly make things worse. I saw him as a guy different, good or bad, from the rest. It was worth a gamble at the time. How could we be worse today?...and PK might be here.
I asked Patrick Roy if he would have traded Subban, he told me "no way". There is no "might" about it, it never would have happened.

Back