• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly GDT: Game #5 | Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens | Oct. 14, 20

I like how we picked Max over Subban (if you believe that locker room tensions helped exit Subban out of town)....and Bergy keeps pounding the word ka-rac-tar left and right in interviews
If Subban was a “team guy” in MBs eyes he’d have accepted the GMs deal in 2012 (like Max & Price) instead of holding out, and would still be a Hab IMO.

MB strikes me as a take it or be gone type guy - and holds grudges against perceived “non-team first types”. Perceived as from his viewpoint. #GMcharacterflaw

It just goes to show how stupid this organization is.....one week Therrien is blasting Subban on RDS as an analyst.....a month later he'S hired coach of the Habs.

Does this team have any direction or leadership at the management/ownership level ???

It just goes to show how stupid this organization is.....one week Therrien is blasting Subban on RDS as an analyst.....a month later he'S hired coach of the Habs.

Does this team have any direction or leadership at the management/ownership level ???

Now Molson saddled himself for 5 years with Bergy-Jacques Lemaire......perfect.....the ship will sink fast enough

Now Molson saddled himself for 5 years with Bergy-Jacques Lemaire......perfect.....the ship will sink fast enough
Honest question Rolex no malice intended - why don’t u cancel ur season tix subscription if ur so pissed?

Such is the conundrum of the fan, ownership knows this. I’m curious what will happen with the nearly 50% lodges up for renewal been told lots of anger expressed at Jr by those owners....a horrendous re-up rate could be the only thing to sway a decision if MBs let go IMO

Honest question Rolex no malice intended - why don’t u cancel ur season tix subscription if ur so pissed?

Such is the conundrum of the fan, ownership knows this. I’m curious what will happen with the nearly 50% lodges up for renewal been told lots of anger expressed at Jr by those owners....a horrendous re-up rate could be the only thing to sway a decision if MBs let go IMO

I could cancel, but for personal reasons I don't (which have nothing to do with on-ice performances)...let's just say that it wouldn't be well-seen by some people in ownership...i'll leave it at that

Molson had a way out 2 years ago before he extended Bergy for 5 years (McGuire-Roy), but he preferred keeping quiet loyal ''yes man'' on the ship....beers are still selling, companies are still fighting for TV rights....things are good for Molson, the team is worth over 1 B

Why would he rock the boat, and risk angry fans for the next 10 years because we are rebuilding....fans claim they would rebuild, but 2 weeks into the rebuild people will stop watching the games, stop paying 400$ for tickets, and things go downhill....it's always better to stay in the middle (never good, never bad...thanks Carey Price)

I'm not saying I agree with this philosophy, i'm just thinking like a trust-fund guy right now

Last edited:
I understand that you're in shock because of how bad the Habs are and need to look for ways to backhandedly bash "rivals", but the the leafs are gonna be fine defensively.
Even with a shutout last night they are giving up over 3.5 goals against per game this season.

They gave up a shit ton of goals last season.

Hunwick out, hainsey in hasnt improved their defence. Its status quo

Its not a stretch to say the leafs are weak defensively.

If Subban was a “team guy” in MBs eyes he’d have accepted the GMs deal in 2012 (like Max & Price) instead of holding out, and would still be a Hab IMO.

MB strikes me as a take it or be gone type guy - and holds grudges against perceived “non-team first types”. Perceived as from his viewpoint. #GMcharacterflaw

BS....remember that Price also butted heads with management when he got his bridge deal (I think the summer we traded Halak)...Price had just been through a down season, but still believed he was worth more....

BS....remember that Price also butted heads with management when he got his bridge deal (I think the summer we traded Halak)...Price had just been through a down season, but still believed he was worth more....
Different GM / hockey ops not MBs team.

the boxes are always renewed, that is not a concern for the team

Even with a shutout last night they are giving up over 3.5 goals against per game this season.

They gave up a shit ton of goals last season.

Hunwick out, hainsey in hasnt improved their defence. Its status quo

Its not a stretch to say the leafs are weak defensively.

??

I understand that you're in shock because of how bad the Habs are and need to look for ways to backhandedly bash "rivals", but the the leafs are gonna be fine defensively.

Actually I'm not and who the hell cares if I am "backhandedly bash rivals"

Back