• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Is pretty much everybody on the board on Facebook?

Hey everyone, I was speaking with Jeffbear via PM and I told him about another board we have set up. It's for a Dynasty hockey league I am planning to have set up for next season.... but there's a Canes board and it's will be more than adequate for your needs. Your seats will be kept warm for when Forum Ice is up and running properly again.

Here's the link. Let me know what you think.

http://s15.zetaboards.com/Ultimate_Sim_League/index/

Thanks, but I hate the idea of two boards running simultaneously. What is a realistic timeframe for this board to be running properly again?

And thanks again for taking on what I know is a thankless job!

Thanks, but I hate the idea of two boards running simultaneously. What is a realistic timeframe for this board to be running properly again?

And thanks again for taking on what I know is a thankless job!

I wish I could give a definite timeline... but we thought it would be done by now.

I was offering up the other board as a stop gap until this board is fixed. I figured it would be a better option than doing a Facebook group or something like that. I mean if you guys are going to temporarily relocate... it's an option.

I'd like to say that we will have this board up and going within a week or so... but unfortunately I can't promise anything.

Not on Facebook. Never will be.

I can access this site via an old iPad (that just don't care) until the code is patched and propogates in the world of Google and such. Means I won't be monitoring as much as usual, but at least daily, which is fine.

I have faith it will get fixed.

I’m going to let you guys make the call. I’m happy enough any way you guys want to roll. Accessing the site from a tablet is annoying, but do-able, as is setting up a temporary Facebook group or using Habspatrol’s alt board.

Just make your opinion known in the traditional manner

I vote to keep it here and see where we are in 2-3 weeks. IE11 and Firefox56 both work fine for me on a Win7 computer.

I'm fine with where we're at for now, heck I could probably use with checking the board a few fewer times every day because it's less convenient... might get more done!

I'm actively trying to find someone guys. The person that I had bailed on me. Quite disappointing.

Chrome ain't half as bad as IE. Bloody browser for idiots that makes things worse (i.e. see stupid useless search bars... i.e. bing... that MS has bundle (for $$$$) with IE

Each browser has its own idiosyncrasies. I guess it depends what you like and how easy it is to do stuff. Personally, I don't like that Chrome has all their stuff hidden. For me it's the most un-user friendly browser I've worked with. Very unintuitive. And its been my experience that some websites just do not like certain browsers, just like now.

I'm on FB and could handle either if needed, but prefer to stick around here. Right now I am using IE for this site only and my portables (iPod and phone) work fine. I don't mind the work around.

I have no problem bypassing the warnings on Chrome and getting here.

I just now found the little text link to click on that lets you continue to the site, so that's I will be doing for now on. No need to set up shop in yet another forum.

I thought I'd try on another gadget of mine, an little Asus 2-in-1 running Windows 10; I'm using Chrome, and no warning! Is it just some setting or (lack of) anti-virus software? Because Chrome on Win10 doesn't seem to be the only factor. Hmmm...

For those not clear about getting around the Chrome issue, here's what I do. When I get this screen...

Chrome1.jpg

I click on the "DETAILS" link in the lower left. This opens the details, where you can click the link about proceeding to "this unsafe site"...

Chrome 2.jpg

(Click on these images so that you can see them more clearly, if necessary.)

Back