• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #7 | Canadiens vs. Kings | Oct. 18, 2017

Stu Cowen from the Gazette reported that there was a heated exchange in the coaches office between MB and Julien after the game

Stu Cowen from the Gazette reported that there was a heated exchange in the coaches office between MB and Julien after the game

MB: How dare you put Galchenyuk on the top line?!

What did I tell you when you were hired, it's all about karacter!

CJ: What about wins?

MB: what about them?

As long as they are making money, Molson and the family don't give a fcuk, people should stop attempting the games at some point to make them wake up.

Re: GDT: Game #7 | Canadiens vs. Kings| Oct. 18, 2017

Trump.gif

hahahaha.

Honestly do you truly believe that they aren't trying to win?

Is this what people think, that MB and Molson and management arent trying?

They make a shit ton more money, in ticket sales, in TV revenue, in Merchandise, etc... etc... by winning the cup than by not winning.

They are trying to win.

They might be incompetent. That's a valid argument. But I will never buy for one second that they don't want to win.

Honestly do you truly believe that they aren't trying to win?

Is this what people think, that MB and Molson and management arent trying?

They make a shit ton more money, in ticket sales, in TV revenue, in Merchandise, etc... etc... by winning the cup than by not winning.

They are trying to win.

They might be incompetent. That's a valid argument. But I will never buy for one second that they don't want to win.

Yes, they are trying to win, and yes, they are incompetent. That only makes it worse IMO.

Ah common..what do you think happened in that room if Cowen is reporting how MB came out of the room.

MB didn’t go in there to frown at Julien

I would assume he ripped everyone in the room from coaches to players. There is no ****ing way we should only have one win by now.

There are lots of reasons why we only have one win. MB is one of them.

We had a terrible offseason. We sucked in the preseason and we suck right now.

This is a trend.

Plus we don't have enough cap space. If we could somehow clear another 3-4M we'd be winning some serious games.

Ah common..what do you think happened in that room if Cowen is reporting how MB came out of the room.

MB didn’t go in there to frown at Julien
Likely to get Julien’s perspective of the situation and course of attack moving forward - Julien alluded a few games back by the end of he LA game he’d have a detailed feel of the makeup of the existing roster. I also suspect MB let Julien know he’s nowhere close to be able to acquiring a key part on the market without getting anally raped with sledgehammer

Yes, they are trying to win, and yes, they are incompetent. That only makes it worse IMO.

Yes, it could very well be worse... i agree with that.

I just don't buy these bullshit rationalizations of not wanting to win, not caring about fans, etc... that's just not the case. There are issues, but its not management's effort level or commitment to trying to win. Its their ability to execute the plan.

Yes, it could very well be worse... i agree with that.

I just don't buy these bullshit rationalizations of not wanting to win, not caring about fans, etc... that's just not the case. There are issues, but its not management's effort level or commitment to trying to win. Its their ability to execute the plan.
The issue is there never seems to have been a real plan - if there were a plan anyone could summarize the identity of the team in 2-3 words. Big & heavy, fast & skilled etc.

The issue is there never seems to have been a real plan - if there were a plan anyone could summarize the identity of the team in 2-3 words. Big & heavy, fast & skilled etc.

That 100% is the issue.

Bergevin has done little to improve this roster in 6 years. I wanted him gone at the trade deadline, my opinion hasn't changed.

Back