• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #8 | Canadiens vs. Ducks | Oct. 20, 2017

The Subban trade was never going to end well for the Habs. It was just a matter of when - and it happened way sooner than the apologists could have even predicted.

When healthy, Subban has been utterly dominate as a Pred. Weber hasn't had that impact on the Habs.

PK Subban is a NHL superstar game changer that was drafted by the Habs, played for the Habs and he wanted to remain a Hab for his whole career.

Marc Bergiven traded him away. It's gonna take a long time to get over the trade.

Last edited:
Subban's being here or not is meaningless, as is Weber's presence. We missed the playoffs with Subban and we can do the same with Weber. The problems with this organization go far deeper than that trade.

I hated the trade because it didn't address need. At this point Weber should step up and show his vaunted leadership skills I read so much about.

That's what happens when you making hockey decisions based on non-hockey factors.
IMO the deal was purely hockey based, old school misguided mentality about how hockey should be played & what makes a hockey player but “overall hockey package” based nonetheless.

The Subban trade is a microcosm showing Bergevin's immense stupidity.
IMO it’s not immense stupidity as much as it’s immense arrogance - doesn’t make it any better.

It’s become apparent the “brains behind hockey ops” (MB, Dudley, Mellanby, Lapointe, Sly) have doubled down on the “proper way to play the game” as Marty Lapointe likes to say - realizing they were caught at the polar opposite end of hockey evolution at present.

I think there’s been more luck involved than being given credit for w Shana-Plan (re: Matthews), however, need to give credit where it’s due one of his first moves was to bring in people he had little association with (Dubas, Hunter, and just missed out on Kelly McCrimmon) and had quite the opposing view on “how to play the game” in today’s NHL. Hunter Bros Knights prospects are trained & play a very different game than the way either Dale or Mark played - that’s the definition of enlightened thinking. Whereas it seems MB wants players to mirror the way he, Mellanby, Lapointe etc. played.

IMO the deal was purely hockey based, old school misguided mentality about how hockey should be played & what makes a hockey player but “overall hockey package” based nonetheless.

IMO it’s not immense stupidity as much as it’s immense arrogance - doesn’t make it any better.

It’s become apparent the “brains behind hockey ops” (MB, Dudley, Mellanby, Lapointe, Sly) have doubled down on the “proper way to play the game” as Marty Lapointe likes to say - realizing they were caught at the polar opposite end of hockey evolution at present.

I think there’s been more luck involved than being given credit for w Shana-Plan (re: Matthews), however, need to give credit where it’s due one of his first moves was to bring in people he had little association with (Dubas, Hunter, and just missed out on Kelly McCrimmon) and had quite the opposing view on “how to play the game” in today’s NHL. Hunter Bros Knights prospects are trained & play a very different game than the way either Dale or Mark played - that’s the definition of enlightened thinking. Whereas it seems MB wants players to mirror the way he, Mellanby, Lapointe etc. played.

My buddy`s brother works for the Habs in a management role non hockey ops. This was never a hockey trade as he says . The PK brand was getting bigger than the CH .

He beat to his own drum and as he says , "he was a piece of work " trust me I cant give you any details .

As in other business`s you fit the code or you dont . Sure they cant adapt to the new younger generation but we want players wearing grey suits and go to church and be boring , he didnt fit.

If only that was true, I could maybe buy it, instead we're still soft and small, and now we're not even fast or good defensively. I have no idea what the identity of this team.

If they want us to be a big bruising lunch pail type of team, then make it so and don't sign guys like Hemsky. Or if you want to be a fast team then don't sign guys like Alzner or Streit or trade for guys like Knight. There is no direction at all.

My buddy`s brother works for the Habs in a management role non hockey ops. This was never a hockey trade as he says . The PK brand was getting bigger than the CH .

He beat to his own drum and as he says , "he was a piece of work " trust me I cant give you any details .

As in other business`s you fit the code or you dont . Sure they cant adapt to the new younger generation but we want players wearing grey suits and go to church and be boring , he didnt fit.

But they were cool with playoff girlie man. Nice.

Subban's being here or not is meaningless, as is Weber's presence. We missed the playoffs with Subban and we can do the same with Weber. The problems with this organization go far deeper than that trade.

This is completely the wrong way to asses the trade and overall situation. The team needed less when it had Subban.

But they were cool with playoff girlie man. Nice.

Its fcked anyway you slice it . What bothered me was we finally had a player that embraced the city and the pressure that comes with this media and we threw it away . He accepted mistakes and was the one who stood up for the team during losses while others like pretty boy stood back in the shadows .

While many shun the pressure and the city he flourished and these guys are hard to integrate on our team . We were doomed regardless as we needed both 6 and 76 on this team not a sideways wash .

This is completely the wrong way to asses the trade and overall situation. The team needed less when it had Subban.

Boulshit we were flawed either way . PK cant play 1 and 2C . We couldnt score in the playoffs with him or without . We lack finishers he cant fix that .

Give me 4 of him in 4 positions thats fine . You cant make a pig look cuter with lipstick . Weber has been fine , the team is flawed period , accept it .

You and I have been preaching for a rebuild and its the same mess trade or no trade .

Its fcked anyway you slice it . What bothered me was we finally had a player that embraced the city and the pressure that comes with this media and we threw it away . He accepted mistakes and was the one who stood up for the team during losses while others like pretty boy stood back in the shadows .

While many shun the pressure and the city he flourished and these guys are hard to integrate on our team . We were doomed regardless as we needed both 6 and 76 on this team not a sideways wash .

That's what pissed me off the most about it, and it's the same thing for most of the fans I know. We finally had a guy that loved to be here, thrived on it, lived it, and we got rid of him. Stupid ****s!

Boulshit we were flawed either way . PK cant play 1 and 2C . We couldnt score in the playoffs with him or without . We lack finishers he cant fix that .

Give me 4 of him in 4 positions thats fine . You cant make a pig look cuter with lipstick . Weber has been fine , the team is flawed period , accept it .

You and I have been preaching for a rebuild and its the same mess trade or no trade .

The team is more flawed with Weber on it, even if he's been fine. Most games when he was here, Subban was the best skater (non-goalie) on the ice for both teams. At his best he could completely control the game. I don't think I can recall a single game when I said that about Weber, and I actually like Weber.

The team is more flawed with Weber on it, even if he's been fine. Most games when he was here, Subban was the best skater (non-goalie) on the ice for both teams. At his best he could completely control the game. I don't think I can recall a single game when I said that about Weber, and I actually like Weber.

Right now PK would of tried to deke out 5 players and the beer lady to try and make things happen . He would of gambled with this sad group of players with no spine and coughed up pucks and thats fine .

We are way way over analyzing this deal . If we were clear cut cup contenders and a little extra speed or creativity is all we needed or maybe we were 1 goal away from a cup and PK could of made the difference , I would agree .

We are comparing a Porsche D top 4 to a Ford Focus in terms of talent, IQ , skill and mobility . Their top 9 is better than ours .

6 has been outstanding 5/5 he was never a puck mover but needs a PK next to him .

More flawed means squat when your holes the size of a canyon have never been filled pre and post trade with no solutions in site .

Nashville has always dealt from strength and still retained a rock D and can spare Jones and have drafted better than us .

Sorry folks you cant turn chicken shit into chicken salad as Burns used to say .

I hate to rain on BKerr's parade but in NHL history only two teams (out of sixteen) that started the season with one only one win in their first eight games have gone on to make the playoffs that season.

I hate to rain on BKerr's parade but in NHL history only two teams (out of sixteen) that started the season with one only one win in their first eight games have gone on to make the playoffs that season.

small sample size :smilewinkgrin:

Right now PK would of tried to deke out 5 players and the beer lady to try and make things happen . He would of gambled with this sad group of players with no spine and coughed up pucks and thats fine .

We are way way over analyzing this deal . If we were clear cut cup contenders and a little extra speed or creativity is all we needed or maybe we were 1 goal away from a cup and PK could of made the difference , I would agree .

We are comparing a Porsche D top 4 to a Ford Focus in terms of talent, IQ , skill and mobility . Their top 9 is better than ours .

6 has been outstanding 5/5 he was never a puck mover but needs a PK next to him .

More flawed means squat when your holes the size of a canyon have never been filled pre and post trade with no solutions in site .

Nashville has always dealt from strength and still retained a rock D and can spare Jones and have drafted better than us .

Sorry folks you cant turn chicken shit into chicken salad as Burns used to say .
The core was flawed no doubt but Subban was one of the few piece worth keeping in that group. Right now they could pretty much trade the whole team I wouldn't care much.

I understand you're rattled right now, but this team was clearly better structured with Subban. He scores, he's fast, he hits, he has a rocket of a shot and he's an elite puck mover. Weber does some of those things, but not all of them.

We needed less when Subban was on this team. End of story.

I understand you're rattled right now, but this team was clearly better structured with Subban. He scores, he's fast, he hits, he has a rocket of a shot and he's an elite puck mover. Weber does some of those things, but not all of them.

We needed less when Subban was on this team. End of story.

Find me a 1C , 2C , a #2d , a captain that isn't a playoff pussy , one or 2 more finishers , and a team with a playoff spine
and then we are complete with PK and or Weber , END of STORY

Back