• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #8 | Canadiens vs. Ducks | Oct. 20, 2017

The only thing preventing him from making bigger moves, is that he's gun shy and afraid of ****ing up... cause he probably will **** up. Its incompetence. its not wrongly directing his time at the 4th line.
The Weber & Drouin deals are not moves GMs who are gun shy make.

The only thing preventing MB from making bigger moves is the lack of young assets to either deal for a proven player or capable of stepping in to fill a core role (re: dealing Max).

All roads lead back to piss poor amateur scouting & player development.

The only thing preventing MB from making bigger moves is the lack of young assets to either deal for a proven player or capable of stepping in to fill a core role (re: dealing Max).

All roads lead back to piss poor amateur scouting & player development.

We have a stockpile of second rounders. Marcus Johannson was traded for a couple picks.

We have a stockpile of second rounders. Marcus Johannson was traded for a couple picks.
One of the talking heads (Bobby Mac or Dreger) even said on TSN radio MBs offer was identical to NJD but Caps preferred Devils offer due to higher 2nd rounder, would anyone have preferred MB offer up a 1st to up the ante?

The only thing preventing MB from making bigger moves is the lack of vision and a tendency to rely on recency bias.

FYP.

He's got balls but lacks brains.

One of the talking heads (Bobby Mac or Dreger) even said on TSN radio MBs offer was identical to NJD but Caps preferred Devils offer due to higher 2nd rounder, would anyone have preferred MB offer up a 1st to up the ante?

An additional 2nd? a 3rd?

He gave 2 2nds for Shaw FFS!

How bout No Shaw and his 3.9m cap hit, add Johanson and give 4 2nds!

It comes from the premise that those minor moves are preventing him from the bigger move.

I don't buy that.

The only thing preventing him from making bigger moves, is that he's gun shy and afraid of ****ing up... cause he probably will **** up. Its incompetence. its not wrongly directing his time at the 4th line.

However, his minor moves used to often turn out to be great, lately they've been putrid and I'd argue that it made us worse.

FYP.

He's got balls but lacks brains.
Pretty much - wouldn’t say lack of brains as much as too arrogant, knows he’s been caught at the opposite end of the pure talent based NHL, and doubling down on his character stance. Recall in one season it went from “it’s on me” to “it’s on them”.

Ironically I found the lack of character of our front office quite astonishing.

They're mostly hacks.

Montreal is a hotbed for machine learning/AI. Maybe someone from UofM can build us a cutting edge GM robo advisor.

The Waz is understanding my point. It isn't that those transactions are crippling or significant in any manor. Just that they are awful.

The GM gets paid to improve this team and the window is closing/closed whether MB thinks so or not, this should have been a big trade deadline and subsequent off season both were EPIC fails.

Window is shut ....nailed and sealed for the next GM to make his next splash acquiring Clutterbuck

An additional 2nd? a 3rd?

He gave 2 2nds for Shaw FFS!

How bout No Shaw and his 3.9m cap hit, add Johanson and give 4 2nds!

How about we give 3 2nd`s for MJ and keep that fcken stud in Tbay who is gonna make this deal look silly in a few years .

JD isnt a game changing center , if he was Stevie isnt moving him .

MJ and Chevy >>>>>> JD

They're mostly hacks.

Montreal is a hotbed for machine learning/AI. Maybe someone from UofM can build us a cutting edge GM robo advisor.

Just link that robo advisor to Forumice.com Canadiens board

Back