• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game #8 | Canadiens vs. Ducks | Oct. 20, 2017

Altair

The good

Second period.

Molson gets to save 8.5 million.

The bad

Every defenseman not named mete/weber.

The ugly

People who stayed up to watch these road games.

The Good : I barely identifie with this Montreal Canadiens team, so the putrid start of the season does not affect me as it usually would.

And Paul Byron. Yeah Paul Byron is kinda good.

The Bad : The direction this team has taken. Teams usually mimic whats successful in this league and we builded a team in the opposite direction the league has taken.

The Ugly : Montreal Canadiens’ present and future.

Last edited:
I also don't identify with this team. Not many players I like on the Habs.

Byron, yeah, I like him because he keeps defying the odds and he hustles.

Don't mind Weber.

Markov was a fav of mine. Miss him. Miss Subban's electricity too. I liked Radulov because he was hard to knock off the puck, unlike Galchenyuk. It seems Bergevin got rid of most of the players I liked.

Don't mind Gallagher and I like Danault, just not in the role they're using him.

Drouin still needs to grow on me.

The rest? Don't care.

I find it hard to be invested in a team that's clearly headed in the wrong direction with a charlatan at the helm. Perhaps I'll change my mind when the weather turns ugly .

We have no impact prospects to speak of. John Tavares hail marry pass or bust.

John Tavares hail marry pass or bust.
I think Jr let the cat out of the bag, the orgs Plan B is obviously a back room deal for JT - wouldn’t be shocked if it involved taking Ladd’s ridiculous contract off Isles hands using present cap space and worry about duration of term in the summer.

Word here has it, political climate in NY will delay Govt support response on Belmont Park till mid next year, Isles owners want it wrapped up by Xmas - local & state legislatures have apparently told Bettman to go pound sand when he stuck his nose to expedite process.

Yeah, I read that Tavares is waiting to see what happens there before resigning. It looks like the Isles won't have an answer for him in time so they can either take the chance that it gets done and that JT will resign or they need to move him to get assets back so they don't lose him for nothing. Sticky situation. I think the Habs need to milk that.

I think Jr let the cat out of the bag, the orgs Plan B is obviously a back room deal for JT - wouldn’t be shocked if it involved taking Ladd’s ridiculous contract off Isles hands using present cap space and worry about duration of term in the summer.

Word here has it, political climate in NY will delay Govt support response on Belmont Park till mid next year, Isles owners want it wrapped up by Xmas - local & state legislatures have apparently told Bettman to go pound sand when he stuck his nose to expedite process.

If JT leaves Brooklyn , he will play not too far away for the Rags.

Bergy keeps repeating that he never makes decisions alone, he goes around the managerial table to get everyone's opinion (Dudley, Timmins, Mellanby, Lapointe, Segwick, Carriere, Molson)....so it's hard to believe that someone like Rick Dudley was ok with this team going into the season....they probably have plans for that 8 mil

If they let Markov and Radulov go, it means the majority of the management was ok with it.....Bergy relies heavily on the people around him

Naw, they expected both to buckle. They didn't expect to lose both. No way, no how.

I also don't identify with this team. Not many players I like on the Habs.

Byron, yeah, I like him because he keeps defying the odds and he hustles.

Don't mind Weber.

Markov was a fav of mine. Miss him. Miss Subban's electricity too. I liked Radulov because he was hard to knock off the puck, unlike Galchenyuk. It seems Bergevin got rid of most of the players I liked.

Don't mind Gallagher and I like Danault, just not in the role they're using him.

Drouin still needs to grow on me.

The rest? Don't care.

I pretty much have the exact same list as you. And Mete has been growing on me quickly.

Naw, they expected both to buckle. They didn't expect to lose both. No way, no how.

That might be true but once Radulov left, there was absolutely no reasons to lose Markov as well. None. Was it really worth holding your ground over $1M when you had that much cap space and nobody else to sign or trade for?

Good point. It could very well be he didn't want Markov back and only made his offer to save face with the fans.

I think he did want Radulov back though and ****ed around too much when he had the chance.

Both of those players wanted to play in Montreal. They weren't afraid of the attention. It's a shame.

He's clearly upset about the Radulov situation. He definitely wanted him back but he had to be careful at his age. I thought the offer (same that was offered by Dallas) was fair, I wouldn't have gone much over that.

Back