• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Lightning 10/24 7:00

Peters might be a great "possession type" coach that the analytics guys love but possession means nothing if you simply have no clue how to score goals enough to win hockey games.

Bottom line ... we see the same exact problem happen a couple of weeks after camp breaks three years in a row. Not all of it is on the players because it’s not the same guys all the time ... aside from anybody named Staal which is a different conversation. Peters is the constant.

Based on the results form three consecutive years, the guy has no idea how to run a camp and we pay for it with sluggish offensive starts every year. Eventually they’ll figure it out and make a push ... watch. But this is same crap different day stuff and somebody in our front office needs to do something about it for once.

Peters will likely be a sacrificial lamb at some point, and that change will be a good thing. The message is probably getting stale. That eventual change aside, the Canes just don't have the offense to compete in the Metro. I have been saying it for almost a year but Faulk is going to get moved for the 1st line scoring help.

Slavin continues to emerge as an absolute stud....he is the Canes clear #1 D of now and the future. There is then enough in the pipeline or roster on D that Faulk can be replaced in next 1-2 years. I just don't see a combination of Hanifin and Rask/someone else getting a true offensive stud. It all comes back to Faulk in my mind. I am also guessing this is a draft day or off-season move so prepare for another fun year!!

Big stick tap to @IneffectiveMath for sharing the insights that graphical visualizations of advanced stats like this can reveal.

Can both really confirm the eye test and inform the eye where to look.

Click Here

Lotta red out there way beyond the circles.

And a great big blue hole of negativity in what is called the high danger area.

Given what I have seen lately, if I young dman does not emerge immediately, then he is not going to be a difference maker. Halifax may end up being good, but he is not a stud.

My opinion on this has changed a bit. Not saying Duchene is the answer but 2 years is an eternity for this team. They suck for 2 more years and it will be a mute point! By the way, wonder if the potential buyers are watching closely.
Duchene is not the answer to these prayers, especially if he's going to be a UFA in two years.

You wonder if new owners would continue Waddell's plan where 8-10k unsold seats on a weeknight are an acceptable part of adding value to season tickets?

Won't be an issue in Quebec.

And if Francis can land Duschene at a reasonable cost, I'd say go for it. It's an upgrade over our top 3 centers.

You wonder if new owners would continue Waddell's plan where 8-10k unsold seats on a weeknight are an acceptable part of adding value to season tickets?

That's the rub with the current owner that just screams lame duck franchise and lame duck owner...it's an embarassment to any franchise to have your org being totally ok with 10K in unsold seats and then trying to justify it by saying that's what our season ticket holders want.

That's the rub with the current owner that just screams lame duck franchise and lame duck owner...it's an embarassment to any franchise to have your org being totally ok with 10K in unsold seats and then trying to justify it by saying that's what our season ticket holders want.

What the season ticket holders want is a full building but not to feel taken advantage of to get it. If they want to discount tickets and sell them at Harris Teeter or Kangaroo or Joe's Pharmacy, I'm fine with it. But don't you dare sell them for less than what I'm paying. And that includes giving them preferences that aren't available to me.

I'm tired of being undercut by the same ticket office that sells me my package. I'm with Andy, if they want to do the occasional ticket package with the Teeter or Kangaroo, fine. But to have the ticket office sell my seat for half of what I pay to get bodies in the arena or to offer others perk that I am not privy to, screw that!

Yep I get that, Waddell is doing the right thing. The winning needs to happen though to improve attendance.

I'm tired of being undercut by the same ticket office that sells me my package. I'm with Andy, if they want to do the occasional ticket package with the Teeter or Kangaroo, fine. But to have the ticket office sell my seat for half of what I pay to get bodies in the arena or to offer others perk that I am not privy to, screw that!

Offer a perk? You mean like the hometown shirts they're including in the ticket package? It's a 7 game package, all silver and gold games for $430, net of the HT gift card. But the tickets alone would be $390 at box office prices. So for $430, they're getting $600 worth of stuff ($390 tickets, $210 t-shirts at last year's price). And they don't have to wait in line for 1 of the 300 shirts available.

Yes-- that perk! Boy, do I feel like a chump again...but I guess the rationale will be our STH vouchers, drink card and the discounts at the Eye.

Back