• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #10 | Kings vs. Canadiens | Oct. 26, 2017

MB knows he’s caught at the other end of the NHL speed based game shift 6-years into his tenure, he can’t just say I made a mistake, it was a strategic error, and a GMs job is all about strategy & vision...

We had one of the fastest teams in the league just 2-3 years ago....every interview from opposing teams would highlight that the Habs have speed...

Now all of a sudden we are slow.....mostly because our transition game sucks (slow dmen).

I know we are all happy to have shed Emelin's 4 M cap hit, but man do we ever miss him....he was the best at stopping the cycling of the puck in our zone. And compared to guys like Benn, Emelin had Pavel Bure-speed.

Subban's speed is missed.....and so is his on-ice leadership it seems (i won't say locker room leadership because none of his teammates listened to him according to lots of reports).

Beaulieu had decent speed....

I don't think Price is a bad goalie all of a sudden....I think Price just doesn't care right now, because his teammates are doing nothing to help him, so he is like: ''Why would I care and put in a decent effort until you guys figure shit out''

Once the players start actually giving Price goals support, you will see Vezina-Price back to form

MB knows he’s caught at the other end of the NHL speed based game shift 6-years into his tenure, he can’t just say I made a mistake, it was a strategic error, and a GMs job is all about strategy & vision...

he zigged when he should have zagged...you're fired. pack your suits and go home.

We had one of the fastest teams in the league just 2-3 years ago....every interview from opposing teams would highlight that the Habs have speed...
It’s a moot point but were the Habs really fast or their conference/division opponents slow - remember Boston, Toronto, Sabres were all much slower & plodding types.

Subban's speed is missed.....and so is his on-ice leadership it seems (i won't say locker room leadership because none of his teammates listened to him according to lots of reports).

Beaulieu had decent speed....
May want to look at that 2013-2014 D, Douglas Murray, Gorges, Emelin, Boullion, Weaver....don’t see any speed. Beaulieu didn’t play much at all that season or playoffs and now he’s a healthy scratch in Buffalo. Subban on this team would have a positive yet minimal impact the top-9 just don’t have the offensive talent vs the high end teams in the league.

One thing I’m also noticing that never gets mentioned, Galchenyuk at best has slightly above avg speed (he was never a blazer to begin with) and as the league has become faster, his lack of elite speed IMO has contributed to his lack of what was expected in terms of development growth because he doesn’t have as much time & space for his dipsy doodling which is his ultimate strength.

Last edited:
he zigged when he should have zagged...you're fired. pack your suits and go home.
At the end of the day hiring MT (which is all on MB) as his first coach may have been his ultimate undoing - after that 2013 playoff loss u just know it was MT who begged and pleaded for Parros & Douglas Murray, and indirectly led to McCarron, Crisp types being drafted.

At the end of the day hiring MT (which is all on MB) as his first coach may have been his ultimate undoing - after that 2013 playoff loss u just know it was MT who begged and pleaded for Parros & Douglas Murray, and indirectly led to McCarron, Crisp types being drafted.

I don't think it was his "undoing" but it definitely raised some red flags about MB's intelligence and judgment. MT? Seriously?

it's unfair to point fingers at guys like Hudon and Lehkonen. They are in their first 1-2 years in the league.

Once the whole team gets going, you'll see them gaining more confidence, and the goals will come.

The problem with Max is that he's a perimeter player.....he won't change at this point in his career. So when he's in a scoreless phase, he's pretty much useless, and even brings downs his linemates. All Drouin was trying to do in the first few games is get Max going, to the point where we were making stupid decisions on plays that would lead to simple goals.

it's unfair to point fingers at guys like Hudon and Lehkonen. They are in their first 1-2 years in the league.

Once the whole team gets going, you'll see them gaining more confidence, and the goals will come.

The problem with Max is that he's a perimeter player.....he won't change at this point in his career. So when he's in a scoreless phase, he's pretty much useless, and even brings downs his linemates. All Drouin was trying to do in the first few games is get Max going, to the point where we were making stupid decisions on plays that would lead to simple goals.

Which was not the purpose of my initially mentioning Hudon but some posters clearly didn't understand that. Oh well.

No one is pointing fingers at our secondary players like Hudon.

They just happen to look extra useless when are top guys are doing zilch.

They're all useless.

Anyways, Galchenyuk had his best game in 3 months last night. He probably should have buried two of his three shots. Let's see if that means anything.

Is it possible that the whole hockey world (fans, journalists) wants them to try Drouin-Chuckie as 1C-2C, but only Julien-Bergy don't want ?

I mean every interview I hear, they are asking for Chuckie at center....we've tried everything else.

Ferraro, Miller, McGuire, Lebrun, even a lot of the french media.....

Everyones narrative has shifted...expectations have drastically changed.
Has it?

At the PC introducing MB in 2012 Jr said, “the mandate is to improve the team immediately” - all boils down to ownership expectations shifting, just sayin...

Is it possible that the whole hockey world (fans, journalists) wants them to try Drouin-Chuckie as 1C-2C, but only Julien-Bergy don't want ?

I mean every interview I hear, they are asking for Chuckie at center....we've tried everything else.

Ferraro, Miller, McGuire, Lebrun, even a lot of the french media.....

I'm in the "play them at their natural position" team.

MaxPac-Galchenyuk-Drouin

Back