• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 MLB Off Season Thread

It appears that he's going to be available as a SP OR Util. So whoever owns him will decide each week where they want to use him.

Yep, that's really the only logical way it would work here with Fantrax' setup. Sucks in the weekly lineup since you probably won't get much batting from him.

Fantrax might build another profile for him if we decided to split him into a pitcher and a hitter for this league.

I know I haven't ever contacted them about it because having one profile in my other daily leagues makes sense.

Fantrax might build another profile for him if we decided to split him into a pitcher and a hitter for this league.

I know I haven't ever contacted them about it because having one profile in my other daily leagues makes sense.

Then he'd be available to be drafted by 2 different people? One as a SP and one as a Util?

Yep, that's really the only logical way it would work here with Fantrax' setup. Sucks in the weekly lineup since you probably won't get much batting from him.

Sure... but he might be an elite SP... so that ain't so bad.

Yep... again, I have no idea if Fantrax would do this or not but we could ask if we decided to go that route.

It would make sense in a weekly league like this, but I'm cool either way.

I'd prefer to just leave him as is. It makes him a little more valuable than just SP and just Util.... this way the team that gets him can decide for themselves each week.

You know this was your idea originally, right, Raymond? hahahaha

I know... I was just clarifying that's what he meant.

That was before we saw how Fantrax handled it. Now that they just gave him SP and Util, it makes sense to just go with that.

This dispersal draft is fun to see, freshens up the league a bit, get's more teams excited about their players.

By the way I'm open for business for trades with any of you new guys! Once your teams are set let me know if you need any OF's.

There were a few teams with players in their minors who were no longer eligible, so I moved them onto the IR so the managers know they need to deal with them.

I don't think we came to a definitive ruling on if the six teams in the dispersal draft are subject to the protected/unprotected lists or not.

Looks like most people were fine with allowing them to skip it this year though.

Final decision?

Last edited:
I don't think we came to a definitive ruling on if the six teams in the dispersal draft are subject to the protected/unprotected lists or not.

Looks like most people were fine with allowing them to skip it this year though.

Final decision?

I don't think anyone was really opposed to it, and I think the talent's thinning out enough that it probably wouldn't make a difference. As long as everyone stays within the roster limits, I think it's fine to not have them worry about leaving a couple guys unprotected.

Back