• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 MLB Off Season Thread

I thought the way we did it last time was best. With the 2 new managers and 2 teams... they combine the player pools and have a 2 team draft.

Problem solved.

We didn't do that from what I recall....that was my suggestion but I believe each was given a team....then they were given early dibs at unprotected players to choose from.

But there wasn't a dispersal draft done for them to create their own teams, as far as I recall.

Hence my specifically offering drewser Mindz team, as per how the league had always done it.

Should we not make sure everyone else is coming back first?

I'll start a roll call thread just to keep it out of here.

Yeah sure.

Let's put it this way. I say we take all the teams that don't have managers... throw the players in a blender.... then the new managers draft from those players.

Hey Guys,

I'm Ty...new to the league but there seems to be a bit of controversy here about team takeovers. I'm all in favour of a dispersal draft for new owners. If we're getting some of the crappier teams, at least we might be able to tailor them to our future plans or favourite players, etc.

I've been playing fantasy for a long time, but new to both Forum Ice and Fantrax sites. Is there a league ID and password I can get to join the league in Fantrax?

Hey Guys,

I'm Ty...new to the league but there seems to be a bit of controversy here about team takeovers. I'm all in favour of a dispersal draft for new owners. If we're getting some of the crappier teams, at least we might be able to tailor them to our future plans or favourite players, etc.

I've been playing fantasy for a long time, but new to both Forum Ice and Fantrax sites. Is there a league ID and password I can get to join the league in Fantrax?

Welcome Ty. Thanks for the offer. We'll see if Drewser had his mind set on a specific team or if he's willing to cut his teeth in this league with a draft as well.

As for Fantrax... create a user account there and give me the email address you use.

For real? He either wanted the best team or he's out? Not even willing to do a draft with the other new guy?

I don't love coming into a league with a team I didn't pick...it took Montana 3+ hrs to convince me I could work with what I had. I didn't love this team in the first place, so if it's only going to be weakened I don't have much interest. Sorry guys

For real? He either wanted the best team or he's out? Not even willing to do a draft with the other new guy?

He wanted the team he was offered....just like this league had done every other time a team came available (short of TH dispersal).

Then he accepts...and the league pulls the team out from under him to introduce a new system?

I get why he's out. Its bullshit.

I don't love coming into a league with a team I didn't pick...it took Montana 3+ hrs to convince me I could work with what I had. I didn't love this team in the first place, so if it's only going to be weakened I don't have much interest. Sorry guys

Wouldn't it be a team that you picked though? You'd actually draft the players yourself.

But hey... if you're not interested that's how you feel.

From a pool of two teams...one that I had no interest in and one that took Montana a long time to convince me to take.

Sure someone else will be fine to take part though.

He wanted the team he was offered....just like this league had done every other time a team came available (short of TH dispersal).

Then he accepts...and the league pulls the team out from under him to introduce a new system?

I get why he's out. Its bullshit.

I never even knew there was an agreement to give someone a specific team. Who was involved in this decision?

Who made the decision to give anyone a team in the past?....other than we offered, they accepted a team, and they were in.

That's how it was always done.

Don't want to cause any conflict here guys. It looks like you recently had a commish change, and the rules for distributing the open teams are kind of up in the air.

Why don't you guys settle how you want to distribute those teams first and foremost. I haven't even seen the squads or which players are on them yet so I'm not too invested here.

If you want drewser aboard and want to give him a particular team, I can bow out fairly easily. Wouldn't mind seeing the rosters but it sounds like one is pretty bad and years away from doing much. I'll keep an eye on the thread and see how it all works out.

My email address is [email protected], by the way.

From a pool of two teams...one that I had no interest in and one that took Montana a long time to convince me to take.

Sure someone else will be fine to take part though.

No offence but that seems kinda lame.

I know for a fact you're a better fantasy baseball manager than maybe anyone else here (Montana is probably the only one that I'd say is better but even then it's not a sure thing)... definitely significantly better than me. You'd do well in the 2 team draft... and really... the 2nd team isn't some wasteland that will bring the quality of the other team into the gutter. There are a bunch of good pieces and you still come out of the draft with a top 5 team in this league.

So I'm sorry if you wanted to come into a league where the rest of us have put $40 a year for like 6 years with little to no return and start out with a team that is chock full of valuable assets. If you're not willing to do a dispersal draft that might slightly lower the overall quality of what will be a top 5 squad... I can't say I feel too bad about it.

I was happy when you had accepted an invite, and it sucks that you're now backing out. But it's obviously up to you.

He wasn't offered one of two teams.....or a dispersal draft.

I specifically offered him Mindz team, because it came available and drewser is the best fantasy baseball manager I know and thought he'd be a welcome addition to the league.

Its on us for pulling the offer after he accepted.....negging him after the fact and acting like he's somehow to blame isn't necessary.

We f*cked up...not him.

No offence but that seems kinda lame.

Ok...please ask Montana how long it took him to convince me to take Mindz team and how many times I said not interested over the course of our conversation last night/this afternoon.

So I'm sorry if you wanted to come into a league where the rest of us have put $40 a year for like 6 years with little to no return and start out with a team that is chock full of valuable assets. If you're not willing to do a dispersal draft that might slightly lower the overall quality of what will be a top 5 squad... I can't say I feel too bad about it.

1) I was approached...I didn't come crawling or begging for this team

2) Not looking to donate $40 to your pot for a team I'm not interested in so save your "so I'm sorry if you wanted to come into a league where the rest of us have been paying $40 a year" bullshit. As you know, I'm competitive in these leagues and put more time then I should into them...not willing to do it for a team that I have no interest in when I already play in more than I should.

I see why you guys would want to go the dispersal draft route but I didn't agree to take the team under those conditions. If the league ever resets, you can let me know and I'd be happy to join.

Well yeah, that team was never going to be a tough sell. I welcomed the challenge of having another great manager... but I don't feel bad that we're trying to do the right this for the 2 new managers.

Like I said, he's still be coming out of the dispersal draft with a really good team and probably competing this year... and you and he would likely dominating this league for the next... eternity.

As a guy that willingly walked away from co-managing your future juggernaut to take over an absolute shit show of a team here... and I walked away from a dynasty in the hockey league to take over a shit show... I have zero sympathy here. There is zero doubt in my mind that Drewser takes Mindz team OR the dispersal draft version of the team to the top 5 in year 1 and top 2 within 2 to 3 years.

Back