• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 MLB Off Season Thread

Updated list of unprotected players:

_____

Matrim:
Gyorko, Jedd - 3B
Frazier, Adam - 2B/LF
Kemp, Matt - LF
Wilson, Justin - RP

Montana:
Kahnle, Tommy - RP

Habspatrol:
Rupp, Cameron - C
Adolfo, Micker - RF
Cashner, Andrew - SP
Straily, Dan - SP
Kintzler, Brandon - RP

UW:
Wainwright, Adam - SP
Norris, Bud - RP
Maurer, Brandon - RP
Zobrist, Ben - 2B/LF/RF

Deckie:
Cordell, Ryan - OF
Rincon, Carlos - RF
Leone, Dominic - RP
Leclerc, Jose - RP

Nova:
Holliday, Matt - UT
Lackey, John - SP

Killersweet:
Valencia, Danny - 1B
Parker, Jarret - LF
Reynolds, Mark - 1B
Vargas, Jason - SP
Gibson, Kyle - SP

Stubby Clapp:
Chirinos, Robinson - C
Shoemaker, Matt - SP
Bush, Matt - RP
Ramirez, Jose - RP

Bull:
Tomlin, Josh - SP

Blueman:
D'Arnaud, Travis - C
Polanco, Jorge - SS
Tomas, Yasmany - LF
Wright, Steven - SP
O'Day, Darren - RP

Axl:
Forsythe, Logan - 2B/3B
Diekman, Jake - RP
Kazmir, Scott - SP
Delgado, Randall - SP
Sedlock, Cody - SP

Nuke LaLoosh:
Galindo, Wladimir - 3B/SS
Mundell, Brian - 1B
Perdomo, Luis - SP

Good question... can't remember the usual time limit so good time to discuss it.
Previously I think we had it at like a 24 hour limit for the first round, but obviously people expected to draft much sooner. But if we're using the draft utility, it emails you when you're coming up so should be no excuse for forgetting.

All of the unprotected players have been dropped into the draft pool.

Because we're using the Draft Room on Fantrax, one difference from previous years is that we won't be able to drop players during the draft so rosters will need to be fixed after it's completed. I've upped the total number of players so we shouldn't have any issues.

Should we post the player we will drop here?

Teams have to get to 55 players before we move on after the draft, right? I think there's a couple teams that might have gone one or two players over the limits, that we need to make sure fix up their rosters before going forward.

And hair, are you going to be automatically moving the unprotected guys who were unclaimed back to our rosters, or should we just claim them when everyone gets set as a free agent after the draft? Most teams only have a couple guys, and some of them we may not even want back.

Yeah I was going to ask what everyone wanted me to do, because I know I'm not bringing back either of my unprotected guys.

Should deal with it before waivers though...if we're still doing that? I know I've started skipping the waiver process after drafts in my other leagues.

Looks like I can't use the import players feature now that the draft is complete so can everyone let me know which of their unprotected players they want back, please.

Also: waivers process March 7 and 3am/et so put your claims in.

I'll keep both relievers, Norris and Maurer. Waino, I think is done, so I will release to the wild. Fly!

Just Axl now... want any of these guys back?

Forsythe, Logan - 2B/3B
Diekman, Jake - RP
Kazmir, Scott - SP
Delgado, Randall - SP
Sedlock, Cody - SP

So, is there anything else that needs to be discussed between now and the start of the season?

Have we confirmed what the prize payout is going to be?

I guess we don't want money.

To sum up the initial conversation, we have 720 to allocate
current setup: 432-158-93-37
Proposals:
440-220-40-20 (from Montana)
420-200-80-20 (from me)
425-225-75-40? (from axl, although there's 45$ extra in there than we collect)

We could go with something like 430-200-70-20 - that basically keeps the 1st place payment the same as it's been in the past at about 60%, but gives the 2nd place team about 20 bucks each from 3rd and 4th.

Back