• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Carolina v Toronto 10/26/17 @ 7:00PM

SlapShots

The Hurricanes are back on the road tonight, playing the Toronto Maple Leafs at the ACC. Toronto is a fast, high scoring team. However, they struggle against teams that play a highly structured, patient game (see OTT). Anderson is playing .900 hockey, which is a concern, but given Toronto's offensive prowess, the save percentage is mitigated. The Hurricanes are a team that have playoff aspirations, but are inconsistent in their play. The Canes are struggling to score both 5 on 5 and on the power play. Justin Williams, Jordan Staal and Jeff Skinner are team leaders in points, but other guys are just MIA-- Teravainen, Aho, Rask and Faulk.

John Forslund was in studio this morning on NHL Radio and said the guys will not have a morning skate. He mentioned the inconsistent start to the season and the absence of scoring and until there is consistent play and balanced scoring, the up-and-down play will continue. He had expected a break out season from Teravainen, but is surprised that he is not scoring. Says the pressure is on the guys to step up. He stated that Bill Peters is in his 3rd season and the guys know the game and the system, it's the players' execution. He also noted the absence of a top line center, but relates that Francis not wanting to make a trade or move to disrupt the team at this point and really, those type of guys are hard to come by.

Per JF, Darling will likely be the guy in net tonight and Ward will get the start on Friday against the Blues.

Puck drop at 7:00PM

Just came across the first Power Rankings of the season: Toronto is 3rd behind Tampa and VGK. The Canes are near the bottom at 24th in the league.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...canadiens-trick-or-treat-winnipeg-jets-laine/

Last edited:
Re: GDT: Carolina v Toronto 10/26/17 @ 7:30PM

We'll outplay them, dominate zone posession - but lose 5-2. They will capitalize on their few scoring chances vs us blowing lots of the 'periphiry' kind. With the score 3-2 late in the third, Peters will pull Ward (or Darling?) and the Leafs will score 2 EN goals.

Re: GDT: Carolina v Toronto 10/26/17 @ 7:30PM

We'll outplay them, dominate zone posession - but lose 5-2. They will capitalize on their few scoring chances vs us blowing lots of the 'periphiry' kind. With the score 3-2 late in the third, Peters will pull Ward (or Darling?) and the Leafs will score 2 EN goals.

With one shot

Edited the thread title. Puck drop at 7:00, not 7:30.

Michael Smith tweeted yesterday that there are no lineup or line changes expected tonight.

Edited the thread title. Puck drop at 7:00, not 7:30.

Michael Smith tweeted yesterday that there are no lineup or line changes expected tonight.

Sure. Because why would you mess with a good thing ... wait

All the guys that needed to hit the scoresheet tonight have done so. Teravainen has 2 points, Rask and Lindholm have goals, Aho has an assist.

What a beautiful game ��

Almost as great as the sweep through Alberta and the Habs abysmal start!

Life can be good, can’t it?

Cheers,

Raymond

My U-Verse recording did the weirdest thing - I lost much of the 3rd period, so was shocked to see the 6-3 score when the recording finally resumed. We looked good pretty much all night. Now we need to string together some wins.

My U-Verse recording did the weirdest thing - I lost much of the 3rd period, so was shocked to see the 6-3 score when the recording finally resumed. We looked good pretty much all night. Now we need to string together some wins.

I switched to Fox Sports Go on my iPad and hooked it to the TV.

Fun, dominant win. Andersen was leaky- how nice for us. Highest save percentage thus far for Darling. Good to see Rask, Lindholm, Teravainen and McGinn score. Jooris’ two goals were delightfully unexpected!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consistency matters! Great win for sure, just don't come home and lay an egg. The Canes need the offensive consistency from Rask, Lindholm, Teuvo more than in spurts. Hungry for the puck all night was nice to see.

Hey maybe now we can all stop obsessing over losing Frederick Anderson. McGinn with Rask and Tuevo looks like a good fit. Brock was a true catalyst last night, smacking everything in sight

Back