• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT OCT 26 - Canes @ Leafs - 7pm SN

Time to bring up Pickard up and give him the starting duties...
Andersen is absolute sh!t.

Pickard COULDN'T do any worst.

Canes went from having 2 dependable D pairings last year to 1 this year, while the Leafs went from having 1 dependable D pairing last year to having 2 this year.

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh boy. Andersen not good enough.

Tough to watch. BUT our defense is shit. How some of those guys are just standing in the slot wide open is beyond me.

I mean, they haven't played well enough to deserve to win tonight.

But Freddie hasn't given them much of a chance either.

Well, that's kind of the thing with teams who have good goalies. Their goalies steal a pile of points for them in those games where the skaters just don't have it (but manage to create some goals).

Freddy hasn't been anything close to good so far to start the season. I'd actually like to get a legit look at Pickard, just to have someone who can push Freddy for starts a bit. I don't think Freddy is good enough to simply be anointed the 60+ game starter and given endless amounts of rope to deal with his slumps.

Well, that's kind of the thing with teams who have good goalies. Their goalies steal a pile of points for them in those games where the skaters just don't have it (but manage to create some goals).

Freddy hasn't been anything close to good so far to start the season. I'd actually like to get a legit look at Pickard, just to have someone who can push Freddy for starts a bit. I don't think Freddy is good enough to simply be anointed the 60+ game starter and given endless amounts of rope to deal with his slumps.

I'm not even sure that he's starter material, never mind 60+ starts. Way too inconsistent last year and now just complete shit outside of a handful of periods.

Not sure what's up with Freddy but he's no where near as bad as he's been playing

I'm sure he will settle down soon. I'd be happy with league average at this point

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

LOL:

Chris Johnston‏ @reporterchris
Frederik Andersen says the #leafs have to play with more pride. “We need to learn how to win a 2-1 game.”

Kristen Shilton‏ @kristen_shilton

Frederik Andersen said what surprised him about tonight's loss was how #Leafs got out-battled. Team has to play w/ "pride."

I'm not even sure that he's starter material, never mind 60+ starts. Way too inconsistent last year and now just complete shit outside of a handful of periods.

He was a steady starter last season, durable enough to handle the load as well. I'm not high on him, but given his time as a 1A and then a decent turn as the #1 guy last year it's pretty clear that when on some sort of reasonable form he's a starter. Not a great one by any stretch, but decent enough. I still don't dislike the move to get him or even the contract, but I do hope we are proactive in looking for an upgrade.

Back