• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Avs 11/2 9:00

:banghead:

But our guys were total studs out there. :facepalm

The Avs were reportedly looking for a starting dman, a prospect and a 1st round pick. If that’s still their asking price, it’s still too high. If they’ll take Hanifin and a pick, I’d think about it.

He needs a change of scenery. And hes still probably better than all of our centers. What other available center do you recommend?

Well let me put it this way...so Pesce was the only missing soldier on defense last night yet they still managed to have 5 goals against and the "fill-in" soldier was minus 2 with limited minutes played. So let's say acquiring Matt Duchene took Justin Faulk and a prospect or draft pick to acquire...so you now have a pretty sizable hole on the D that you lost in Faulk and I guess you fill with even more of the "fill-in" #6 soldier. So maybe you create some more offense with Duchene yes while being pretty thin once again on the backend.

I'd personally rather move someone like Rask or Lindholm via trade to acquire that newbie center. Just my 2 cents, the Rask and Lindholm's of the world just don't seem to be working to generate that offense this team needs up front...how much longer are they going to keep trying the same things?

Rask really hasn't been anything consistent since... well a couple of seasons now? Lindholm seems to have reverted to his all flash no scoring/production. Blah.
Hey at least we can feel a smidgen better about our offense than say, a couple of teams. The Oilers are doing even worse. lol. The franchise that kills talent?

Rask and Lindholm are both on pace to score 22 goals. If you are thinking they will never be any better than that then now would be the time to trade them, because most teams are going to see that and think 'this guy would be a great 2nd or 3rd line player for us).

Let me give a counter point here before we start shipping off our young NHL forwards for parallel returns. Yeah, we need a 1st line center....a real superstar, a 70 points money in the bank guy. A number of teams are looking for that guy, the cost is high and teams are peddling 2nd line centers off for 1st line center returns. But are our forwards really the issue so far?

My question is this....where the heck is the Canes 'activated D" so far this season?!?!?!

Perspective:

So far this season the Canes D have 4 goals and 11 assists in 11 games (1.36 PPG avg).

Last season the Canes D put up 34 goals and 114 assists (1.80 PPG avg).

So far this season the Canes forwards have 26 Goals and 39 assists ( 5.91 PPG avg) That is 2.36 Goals per game

Last season the Canes forwards had 178 goals and 247 assists (5.18 PPG average). That was 2.17 Goals per game

I'm not so sure that everyone is blaming the right group for our offensive woes so far this season. Our D isn't helping out the forwards at all offensively so far this season. The D contributing to our offense is a big part of Peters system, at least so we've been told. They are not getting it done this season, not even close. The forwards are doing much better this season in terms of scoring goals...where the heck is the D? I'm not so sure Rask and Lindhom are the issue so far this season.

Anyone feel confident about the Canes winning the game in Zona tomorrow night?

Last edited:
You really need to ask cmakeski2? Not one bit. The Yotes are due for their 2nd win of the season. Hurricanes coming into town

I blame any and all shortcomings this season on Karmanos. This area deserves a better owner and a better team. This is not RF, Peters, years of getting out from JR contracts or even the retirement of Wally Tatomir. This is on Karmanos.

Agree that the #1 Canes issue continues to be ownership. And specifically the ultra-low salary budget.

Instead of plugging the holes with vets and talent while we wait for the prospects to develop and join the team, we overslot with AHL'ers and bargain-bin cast offs.

Should have a real 3C. Should have a 1C by now. Could use a top-6 LW. A stud right-shot D for the third pairing and injury relief.

If we truly do not have the horses, then that gets laid right at the feet of ownership not funding a realistic NHL salary budget, because Francis is certainly doing a good job on the contract side of things.

Back