• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Coyotes 11/4 9:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Canes wrap up a 2 game roadie in the desert.

Roland McKeown will make his NHL debut, playing on the 3rd pair with Hanifin. Lines will be shuffled, with Skinner expected to play with Stall and Lindholm. The rest is a crapshoot; they’re not skating this morning. Darling should be in goal.

This is a must win game. The ‘Yotes stink. They’re DFL in the league with 3 points. They average 2.64 goals per game, about the same as the Canes but are allowing 4.36 per games, worst in the league.

Fox Sports Carolinas for TV.

Here are the lines and pairings from practice yesterday. With no morning skate, this will probably be the lineup. I don’t know what to make of that 3rd line, and I don’t know whose shoes Aho pissed on, but that’s what happens when you have 2 4th line centers.

Skinner-Staal-Lindholm
Teravainen-Rask-Williams
Aho-Kruger-Jooris
Nordstrom-Ryan-McGinn

Slavin-Faulk
Fleury-van Riemsdyk
Hanifin-McKeown

Forward lines look like coach ranked his LW's, C's, and RW's on a depth chart and then read across horizontally.

If you missed the pregame. They had Tripp shirtless. Of course missing that is probably....Scratch that... IS a good thing.

So is McKeown pronounced Mc Q N or McCown, like clown with no "L"? Already heard it pronounced both ways half way through 1st period.

I wonder where the team went. Atm the Coyotes are playing press coverage and Blitzing leaving one guy uncovered and we can't even get the ball close to him. When teams press you like they are you have to make them pay. and #%@ I'd press us we make bad plays when we don't have time give it away and help them score.

Wanna save Bill Peters career? Take a pipe to Ryan's knee.

Darling is as bad in the shootout as Ward.

And that kids, is how you sink your franchise.

I swear Bill Peters wants to get fired. And it’s official, Derek Ryan is officially the teachers pet. I wonder if Justin Williams knew what he was getting into with a fool like Peters calling the shots here.

I cannot watch much more of this garbage.

1 point out of these two games is beyond embarrassing. Some real soul searching needed ASAP. Hard to friggin believe that by turkey day we might be in the same friggin position again. Some of the looks on the bench says it all. Panic mode is officially here.

Should the canes fire Peters, all the assistant coaches and GMRF? If so, what coach can they bring in? How much would it cost to do a complete revamp? Would it make a difference? Would it put more butts in the seats?

Putting butts in the seats is a steep order. It's not going to happen overnight. Nor will it happen this season. Its going to take a playoff run. Its going to take a complete 180. This team will have to get good, and exciting. They need a,star to emerge. But they may have run out of time in Raleigh.

Back