Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Thread: GDT: Canes @ Coyotes 11/4 9:00

  1. #21
    All-Star ThinIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,919
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Canes @ Coyotes 11/4 9:00

    Our Power Play should be renamed Pitiful Play. I love Brindy, but whatever he's doing isn't working. This team is so out of sync that they look like they've never played together before. 4 stinkers in a row (I don't care how Peter's qualifies the effort) is a "Code Blue" announcing this patient is dying. Watching the faces on the bench tells you everything. No confidence, no belief in themselves. Time to push the panic button.

  2. #22
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,416
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Canes @ Coyotes 11/4 9:00

    The last practice I watched, Peters was running the PP.

  3. #23
    Super-Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Canes @ Coyotes 11/4 9:00

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigKahuna View Post
    Putting butts in the seats is a steep order. It's not going to happen overnight. Nor will it happen this season. Its going to take a playoff run. Its going to take a complete 180. This team will have to get good, and exciting. They need a,star to emerge. But they may have run out of time in Raleigh.
    This owner is driving the 18 wheeler right off the cliff. It’s pretty much over here now. No one cares, the entire org is a joke. The Greenberg group was the lifeline, without that, it’s headed to Quebec City as soon as this summer.

  4. #24
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,416
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Canes @ Coyotes 11/4 9:00

    Wait, wait, wait a minute. Pony tail Pete said he had buyers growing on trees and the price was going up by the minute. I expect and second now to see a major announce,met that the canes have been sold for billions of $$$$.

  5. #25
    1st Liner
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Oxford, NC
    Posts
    1,583
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Canes @ Coyotes 11/4 9:00

    Peters system of shooting from the outside hoping for rebounds isn't working. Other teams are coached how to cycle the puck and break down the defense (they do it to us all the time), but Peters (and Mo and Muller) don't know how to do this, so we are content to feed the points and hope for a tip or a rebound which never comes.

    And our co-captains don't have a clue how to start the game on time. Yet in the post game interviews they both point to it as a big problem. Maybe the team's leadership is AWOL. Can they reappoint the captains? #WilliamsForCaptain
    Shape Up or Ship Out

  6. #26
    Super-Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Canes @ Coyotes 11/4 9:00

    Quote Originally Posted by JFG View Post
    Peters system of shooting from the outside hoping for rebounds isn't working. Other teams are coached how to cycle the puck and break down the defense (they do it to us all the time), but Peters (and Mo and Muller) don't know how to do this, so we are content to feed the points and hope for a tip or a rebound which never comes.

    And our co-captains don't have a clue how to start the game on time. Yet in the post game interviews they both point to it as a big problem. Maybe the team's leadership is AWOL. Can they reappoint the captains? #WilliamsForCaptain
    Kudos to both Adam Gold on the WRAL site and Luke De Cock today for essentially calling out Peters and the entire outfit for yet another Fall collapse and an out of it by Thanksgiving team once again! Play It Safe Peters has actually become worse than Coach MO when it comes to overplaying fourth liners and scrubs over any player that actually tries to be offensively gifted and takes chances. How does anyone even try and explain the Co-Captains debacle? The first line type minutes given to a fourth line plugger like Derek Ryan? Benching your most gifted offensive scorer for most overtime periods? Throwing out a trifecta of Slavin, McGinn and Ryan as your best chances at winning in a shoot-out? Giving a skilled, young center like Necas 4:30 minutes of ice time as an NHL audition on a team that craves a skilled center up the middle?

    This fan base and this town deserves so much better in too many ways to count.

  7. #27
    Hall of Famer JamesNorthern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Montreal, CA
    Posts
    4,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Canes @ Coyotes 11/4 9:00

    Quote Originally Posted by dwind View Post
    Wait, wait, wait a minute. Pony tail Pete said he had buyers growing on trees and the price was going up by the minute. I expect and second now to see a major announce,met that the canes have been sold for billions of $$$$.
    I think he was referring to the Bananas on the trees.

  8. #28
    Hall of Famer JamesNorthern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Montreal, CA
    Posts
    4,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Canes @ Coyotes 11/4 9:00

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaCanes View Post
    Kudos to both Adam Gold on the WRAL site and Luke De Cock today for essentially calling out Peters and the entire outfit for yet another Fall collapse and an out of it by Thanksgiving team once again! Play It Safe Peters has actually become worse than Coach MO when it comes to overplaying fourth liners and scrubs over any player that actually tries to be offensively gifted and takes chances. How does anyone even try and explain the Co-Captains debacle? The first line type minutes given to a fourth line plugger like Derek Ryan? Benching your most gifted offensive scorer for most overtime periods? Throwing out a trifecta of Slavin, McGinn and Ryan as your best chances at winning in a shoot-out? Giving a skilled, young center like Necas 4:30 minutes of ice time as an NHL audition on a team that craves a skilled center up the middle?

    This fan base and this town deserves so much better in too many ways to count.
    Yeah. Like somebody who really wants to win behind the helm and won't pull punches about how to get there. RF is not a bad GM, but he's always been a slow approach type to everything. Wins in the end. But problem is that we've just been out of it for already 5-6 seasons too long now.

    Carolina might just lose this team. I hate that. But I been around long enough to remember things and the Canes are actually out 'worsing' the team the supplanted from Hartford. Sure. P-off success. A cup final. A cup. A conf final. But it's a 1 in 10 chance of hit or miss with this org, where when we miss its been status quo frustratingly so. Either just out or so far out but always showing a poor start to the season. Nothing tells me they will end that trend this season. either they will be dead last or next (close) to it in the overall standings or miss out somewhere between 8-12 points.

  9. #29
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,445
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Canes @ Coyotes 11/4 9:00

    I am no longer local to Raleigh, so for you locals what is the feeling on Peters. Is he on the hot seat yet or does no one care in local media? Watching from a distance it almost looks like he wants fired. His roster moves and use of personnel is puzzling to me. Ryan, really??

  10. #30
    All-Star ThinIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,919
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Canes @ Coyotes 11/4 9:00

    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaPen View Post
    I am no longer local to Raleigh, so for you locals what is the feeling on Peters. Is he on the hot seat yet or does no one care in local media? Watching from a distance it almost looks like he wants fired. His roster moves and use of personnel is puzzling to me. Ryan, really??
    With the exception of Luke DeCock, there's no one questioning Peters and quite frankly, there's no one covering the Canes in general. The N&O won't print any summary of games in the morning paper and I've seen times where they've not included a write up at all - even two or three days later. I can get a daily league standings in the Charleston, SC paper, but not consistently in the N&O. It's horrible.

  11. #31
    Hall of Famer TheBigKahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canes Country
    Posts
    4,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Canes @ Coyotes 11/4 9:00

    Fan comments on social media hint at most people seem tired of Peter's antics.

  12. #32
    All-Star Elsker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    2,823
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Canes @ Coyotes 11/4 9:00

    Fan dog mad. Want to bite anyone and everyone.

    Peters' latest seemingly goofball personnel decisions being discussed. Some wistful musings about something something conservative stifling creativity. But then, that assumes creativity.

    No hints of need for system change that I sense. Coach ain't going anywhere anyway. PP coach maybe. I'm hearing it's currently Peters running the PP at practice anyway, not Brindy, although Brindy seems to be the one on the whiteboard pre-PP.

    Some kind of malaise on this team right now. They could shake it off yet. But the hole is getting deep...maybe too deep.
    Here we are now...entertain us.

  13. #33
    1st Liner
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Oxford, NC
    Posts
    1,583
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Canes @ Coyotes 11/4 9:00

    RF should find new homes for Staal and Faulk. Stockpile more picks if that's all he can get. Fire Peters and bring in Aulfie. But this really won't happen until the summer when they're all in Quebec City.
    Shape Up or Ship Out

  14. #34
    1st Liner SlapShots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,921
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Canes @ Coyotes 11/4 9:00

    Quote Originally Posted by JFG View Post
    RF should find new homes for Staal and Faulk. Stockpile more picks if that's all he can get. Fire Peters and bring in Aulfie. But this really won't happen until the summer when they're all in Quebec City.
    Karmanos is the issue-- he's broke. We can trade away Faulk, Staal and any other piece, but we won't be able to bring anyone back of any caliber because we won't be able to afford a new a top end UFA or re-sign someone on an expiring contract. What we need, other teams are not going to trade away without a steep price (Duchene, a 2nd line center, just set the market). Our track record drafting is inconsistent with Skinner and Slavin being the studs in the past 8 years.

    This team needs to figure it out themselves because nothing's going to change. RF brought in Williams, Darling, and Kruger for their winning mentality and leadership-- time to start earning that salary by getting the locker room in the right frame of mind. Faulk and Staal need to man up-- to be frank, let Staal wear the C for every game and give Faulk an A.Time to man up and pull it together because nothing is going to happen until the team makes it right-- executing on the power play, closing out games, starting on time and scoring.

  15. #35
    Hall of Famer JamesNorthern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Montreal, CA
    Posts
    4,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Canes @ Coyotes 11/4 9:00

    Quote Originally Posted by JFG View Post
    RF should find new homes for Staal and Faulk. Stockpile more picks if that's all he can get. Fire Peters and bring in Aulfie. But this really won't happen until the summer when they're all in Quebec City.
    Jesus man. Stop making sense will you?

  16. #36
    Hall of Famer JamesNorthern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Montreal, CA
    Posts
    4,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Canes @ Coyotes 11/4 9:00

    Quote Originally Posted by SlapShots View Post
    Karmanos is the issue-- he's broke. We can trade away Faulk, Staal and any other piece, but we won't be able to bring anyone back of any caliber because we won't be able to afford a new a top end UFA or re-sign someone on an expiring contract. What we need, other teams are not going to trade away without a steep price (Duchene, a 2nd line center, just set the market). Our track record drafting is inconsistent with Skinner and Slavin being the studs in the past 8 years.

    This team needs to figure it out themselves because nothing's going to change. RF brought in Williams, Darling, and Kruger for their winning mentality and leadership-- time to start earning that salary by getting the locker room in the right frame of mind. Faulk and Staal need to man up-- to be frank, let Staal wear the C for every game and give Faulk an A.Time to man up and pull it together because nothing is going to happen until the team makes it right-- executing on the power play, closing out games, starting on time and scoring.
    Also true. We talk about leaders. Well, leaders do that. They shut up and let their actions do the talking. The good ones. And have it such that at least if they talk - they have precedent in action to support it. Not much of that take charge here. Gotta be accountable with your own failures FIRST - openly - as a leader - before you can expect to govern efficiently.

  17. #37
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,445
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Canes @ Coyotes 11/4 9:00

    Karmanos is definitely an issue with the budget but there is also the other glaring problem of not having an elite leader or talent. The Canes roster is a very good supporting cast but is missing the superstar talent that allows the entire forward group to slot down a notch, which makes everyone look better.

    My magic fix of new ownership throwing a boatload of cash at Tavares looks more distant every passing day. I hate that because a new owner and Tavares fix 90% of what is wrong with this team. If I were RF I would have a plan for remainder of this year that assumes new ownership (and budget increase) for the Hurricanes.

    1) I would can Coach Peters
    2) Immediately talk to Tavares's agent and figure out what coaches he respects/has connection with/or wants to play for and hire that guy to get established this year
    3) Go ALL IN this off season on signing Tavares (dump Faulk if you need to free up cash)

    Sadly the reality is I think Karmanos is probably realizing someone isn't going to pay what he wants for the Hurricanes to stay in Raleigh. I am guessing his accountants are working on simulations of franchise value in Raleigh versus elsewhere such as Quebec. If no trades of coaching changes occur this year, I assume the franchise value was deemed higher in Quebec.

  18. #38
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,416
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Canes @ Coyotes 11/4 9:00

    Would the cost of changing the coaching staff be offset by an increase in attendance?
    Would the cost of bringing in player x be offset by an increase in attendance?
    Remember, it is a business and a business case must be presented before changes can be made.

  19. #39
    Canes Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    8,049
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Canes @ Coyotes 11/4 9:00

    Quote Originally Posted by dwind View Post
    Would the cost of changing the coaching staff be offset by an increase in attendance?
    No.

    Would the cost of bringing in player x be offset by an increase in attendance?
    Depends on the player. Crosby or Malkin? Yes. Duchene? No.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •