• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #17 | Wild vs. Canadiens | Nov. 9, 2017

That's pretty much why I'm arguing. I see injuries as opportunities. This was an opportunity to try AG at center and give Hudon a chance on an offensive line. Seeing Mitchell in Drouin's spot really irked me.

Galchenyuk was at centre in the third.

That's pretty much why I'm arguing. I see injuries as opportunities. This was an opportunity to try AG at center and give Hudon a chance on an offensive line. Seeing Mitchell in Drouin's spot really irked me.
Against Buf tomorrow #27 has to be given keys to 1C (assuming Drouin isn’t back) and let him roll with it.

They are moving him to centre... but its slow and its on their timeline... injuries be damned.

Pierre lebrun is already saying they were giving him the same work on defensive responsibility at centre as drouin was getting before drouins injury. They are starting to give him that d responsibilty. Its going to be slower than we as fans want though.

The lines are set up around Pacioretty and Plekanec. Those two players are always ensured relatively adequate line-mates regardless of how they are playing. Galchenyuk gets the leftovers.

I don't know about that, Plekanec had his share of shitty linemates over the years but he's guaranteed a center spot on one of the top 3 lines. Max is always our best scorer so we're always trying to get him going but you can't argue that Danault and Shaw are the best forwards available either.

I don't know why it's always Galchenyuk getting the shaft, especially when he's playing well.

I agree, but it should have been done yesterday too.
Only reason I disagree, Koivu & Staal would’ve eaten Galchenyuk alive, easier to getaway with miscues vs Eichel & ROR and a much porous D corps.

I do agree with BKerr, think this is all part of a plan on Julien’s part to slowly cultivate Galchenyuk into a C by end of the year.

Only reason I disagree, Koivu & Staal would’ve eaten Galchenyuk alive, easier to getaway with miscues vs Eichel & ROR and a much porous D corps.

I do agree with BKerr, think this is all part of a plan on Julien’s part to slowly cultivate Galchenyuk into a C by end of the year.

Wait what?? Eichel and ROR are better than Koivu and Staal. If you're only going about FO%, ROR is better than all of them.

I give you the porous D but Galchenyuk had no problem cutting through Minny's defense yesterday.

Finally, it was a home game, Julien had the latest change.

Wait what?? Eichel and ROR are better than Koivu and Staal. If you're only going about FO%, ROR is better than all of them.

I give you the porous D but Galchenyuk had no problem cutting through Minny's defense yesterday.

Finally, it was a home game, Julien had the latest change.
Eichel’s compete level is sub-par on most shifts, it’s what’s keeping him from going from good to excellent - Eichel is also defensively low IQ. Koivu & Stall are very defensively responsible.

Back