• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: 11/11 Chicago @ Carolina 7pm

I'll take 5 points in 3 games-- wins over FLA, COL on Friday night and then a point last night against CHI. Not Darling's best game, but certainly not his fault we lost. Too many defensive breakdowns. Aho, Lindholm, Teravainen and Rask are not providing any scoring. RF and BP appear to have overestimated what these guys would contribute and that's the issue, but shouldn't be too surprised. Teravainen has never been a 20+ goal guy per season, although everyone screams about his potential. If RF was confident about his ability to contribute, he would not have given him a year to prove himself. Aho is facing a sophomore slump and 2nd year players should never be counted as bonus players until firmly established. Rask and Lindholm are just MIA-- 6 goals between the two of them in 15 games. Coaching is not the issue, per se. It's the lack of scoring on the offensive side of the puck.

The same disturbing trends as always...Rask and Lindholm damn near invisible, a multitude of golden scoring chances squandered such as the Skinner missed empty net and the Jooris breakaway wasted. Say what you want about it’s Chicago, Canes played the night before, blah,blah blah...it’s all the same tired excuses, points lost at every turn.

If the Jooris breakaway was the one where he had Seabrook on one side and Keith on the other, that was never going to end with a shot.

All good points, SlapShots.

I was ragging on Lindholm last night, claiming he must be wearing the jersey of invisibility, and noting I wasn't hearing his name called at all.

But then started watching him and he's certainly doing all the right things and in all the right places. Playing with confidence and using his body aggressively. But as RW to the Skinner/Ryan pairing, he's frequently the responsible F3 up top as those two go low, followed by a pinching D-man. Plus, a sniper like Skinner is a black hole for the puck except for rebounds...but see F3 above.

Anyway, checked the game logs and he is at least off to a hotter start than last season and has always been (per his dad) a slow starter.

2016-2017 (15 GP): 0-3-3 w/ 19 hits and 30 shots

2017-2018 (15 GP): 3-4-7 w/ 18 hits and 31 shots

Still, at 5th overall and coming up on his 23rd birthday, it would be nice to see a breakout year. And his agent would agree as he is RFA this summer.

Aho is pretty much at last season's pace. Haven't looked at Rask yet. But need way, way more.

EDIT: Yeah, Victor is way off last season's pace, especially points of any kind.

2016-2017 (15 GP): 6-6-12 w/ 5 hits and 34 shots

2017-2018 (15 GP): 3-2-5 w/ 6 hits and 28 shots

Last edited:
I’ve long said Teravainen is Charmin soft- he wilts when hit, plays on the perimeter and cringes playing the point on the PP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I’ve long said Teravainen is Charmin soft- he wilts when hit, plays on the perimeter and cringes playing the point on the PP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand wanting to change up the personnel on the PP. But Teravainen refuses to shoot when he's at the point and that allows the defense to collapse.

Back