• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Democratic call to action - The Poll - Should Forumice ban Johnny Holmes for espousing frequent prejudicial and inappropriate views in the politics an

Do you want Johnny Holmes Banned from the board?

• Yes

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • No

Votes: 23 47.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SundinsTooth

Leafs Moderator
Democratic call to action - The Poll - Should Forumice ban Johnny Holmes for espousing frequent prejudicial and inappropriate views in the politics and news threads.

As per a suggestion from the mods...

Do you want Johnnyholmes banned from the board.

Yes or no.

Anonymous. Poll will stay open for 24 hours.

Re: Democratic call to action - The Poll - Should Forumice ban Johnny Holmes

No

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

I voted no.

Don't spend any time in the news/politics threads. I'm sure it's weird but weird is not a bad thing.

Nah, it's worse than weird. Johnny doesn't add enough to the board to get away with it anymore.

Guy has been around with us for nearly 20 years.

One standard for this is whether someone, like teeder, just derails every discussion. I see little of that in the hockey-related threads. It's probably good for you liberal/republican types to have a Trump fan around, in any event.

Guy has been around with us for nearly 20 years.

One standard for this is whether someone, like teeder, just derails every discussion. I see little of that in the hockey-related threads. It's probably good for you liberal/republican types to have a Trump fan around, in any event.

Well he was defending pedophilia, and as a result of the mods doing nothing about it HL is now leaving these boards. So its a little more than "he supports Trump."

Well he was defending pedophilia, and as a result of the mods doing nothing about it HL is now leaving these boards. So its a little more than "he supports Trump."

Feel free to quote the post you are referring to, and get yourself an attorney.

Johnny, you're strategically provocative and you know it. Most people can blow it off, some can't. I don't know why you can't just contribute to the discussion, you're obviously intelligent.

Everyone here disagrees with someone else from time to time but they contribute to hockey, and other, discussions.

I'm really having the site completely redone and I've come to the conclusion all this stops now. I'm not wasting the money I'm spending on a new site to just have nobody want to use it.

I would say yes, on the basis of precedent....if you'll recall, Leafman51 was turfed almost immediately after he put his hood on. pedo/racist commentary falls into the same category.

also I don't want to see HL leave and if I have to make a choice, well, it's a pretty easy one.

I would say yes, on the basis of precedent....if you'll recall, Leafman51 was turfed almost immediately after he put his hood on. pedo/racist commentary falls into the same category.

also I don't want to see HL leave and if I have to make a choice, well, it's a pretty easy one.
While I appreciate, and somewhat agree, with the sentiment concerning HL one person will not decide this. The mods have decided to open this up to the Leafs board and what is decided here will indeed set the precedent for moving forward.

Just keep in mind it can become a slippery slope.

No. I’m usually not interested in what’s going on in the politics thread, as I’m of the opinion that most of the views in there are nuts, at extreme opposite ends of the spectrum.

What he says in the hockey threads is fine by me. And this is a hockey board. If you can ban him from the politics thread because his views are just too much for you all, then do that. But isn’t this why you have an ignore function?

Back