• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Suggestion Box: Site Rebuild Suggestions

My bad Habsy, didn't mean to be rude in the last post. Was trying to say perhaps we can upgrade the chat.

My bad Habsy, didn't mean to be rude in the last post. Was trying to say perhaps we can upgrade the chat.

But how would you upgrade the chat to make it more desirable? You figure people aren't using it cause it sucks? What would make it better? The only thing I can think of is more people using it.

But how would you upgrade the chat to make it more desirable? You figure people aren't using it cause it sucks? What would make it better? The only thing I can think of is more people using it.
More people using it would help for sure but it could be made into more of a normal chat room like yahoo used to have for example. It's pretty small, hidden and basic currently.

The server switch happened. Lost some posts in the transfer to another database. Needed to happen to continue upgrading site.

Conveniently lost was the TOR/MTL game day thread. We won 6-0, by the way.

I'm not sure what voodoo you have done Habsy, but the site is a) no longer blocked by my work filter; and b) no longer 'dangerous' according to google chrome.

I'm pretty happy with those improvements alone...

I suggest a 'return to topics' function (which was a useful suggestion lost the last 2 days!!!) so that one can jump back to the thread topics after posting a reply.

Big positives: the site doesn't appear to be blocked anywhere for me anymore, whether at home or at work.

Negatives: All of the posts from the weekend appear to have disappeared once again this morning.

Now, c'mon admins. I know Saturday night probably wasn't much fun for you guys, but erasing it from history is maybe going a step too far.

I'm not sure what voodoo you have done Habsy, but the site is a) no longer blocked by my work filter; and b) no longer 'dangerous' according to google chrome.

I'm pretty happy with those improvements alone...
The site has been ported to a different server. More security and features being worked on.

Big positives: the site doesn't appear to be blocked anywhere for me anymore, whether at home or at work.

Negatives: All of the posts from the weekend appear to have disappeared once again this morning.

Now, c'mon admins. I know Saturday night probably wasn't much fun for you guys, but erasing it from history is maybe going a step too far.
The weekend never happened.

This is a bit of a follow up to BeLeafer's suggestion regarding a global topics forum.

I am a spoiled entitled Leafs fan. I don't really have any interest in navigating more than a single forum when I visit FI. I know that may not be best for the growth of FI, but as a poster, I want everything in one place. So I do not like BL's idea.

However, a possible compromise of sorts would involve something like the set-up for this thread. Have global threads linked to individual team forum's. A news thread, politics, etc. Cover the basics. But allow me to access all threads from the Leafs forum. I don't know how that looks from a technological perspective, but if it is doable, I much prefer that to 'global forums'.

This is a bit of a follow up to BeLeafer's suggestion regarding a global topics forum.

I am a spoiled entitled Leafs fan. I don't really have any interest in navigating more than a single forum when I visit FI. I know that may not be best for the growth of FI, but as a poster, I want everything in one place. So I do not like BL's idea.

However, a possible compromise of sorts would involve something like the set-up for this thread. Have global threads linked to individual team forum's. A news thread, politics, etc. Cover the basics. But allow me to access all threads from the Leafs forum. I don't know how that looks from a technological perspective, but if it is doable, I much prefer that to 'global forums'.

I think that's what "global threads" are. Not so much a board for all political talk... but one thread that appears on every board.... but it's all the same thread.

Hopefully with the redesign there will be a better way to show the global threads though, because it really clutters the stickied thread area.

But maybe that's just a personal preference thing.

Back