• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Suggestion Box: Site Rebuild Suggestions

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
Please post any suggestions that you would like to see here for the site rebuild. Thanks for your input!

Please post any suggestions that you would like to see here for the site rebuild. Thanks for your input!

As already mentioned, create a FI BBQ forum for all talk not hockey related. This would encourage discussion across fan bases and allow suspension from that forum if someone gets offside. Perhaps put a link to it at the top of all team forums.

Also, not sure if you have spent any time there, but The Athletic has very good posters who comment on articles. It would be a great source of new posters if some kind of partnership could be worked out with Mirtle et al (e.g., allow FI to ask them to join in return for an ad or something).

I'll pass everything along to the developer but keep in mind the software has to support it.

When you click on the main link it takes you to first unread post. Easier on mobile devices then clicking on the tiny icon.

I know Twitter and Facebook like buttons were suggested... so I'm not sure if that's the same thing as Twitter and Facebook share buttons. I'd like to be able to share really good posts on Twitter or Facebook.

Really like the twitter idea, I use it a lot. Would be cool to be able to link/transfer them back and forth.

i know worm suggested banning Habsy. I think that's overly harsh -- perhaps limit his posts to 5 per day.

Add support for video links from streamable to embed in posts
Yeah, that kind of thing would really be my only ask.

At the moment, we can pretty much only embed videos from YouTube. Would be nice to add a few other video sites as well, with Streamable being at the top of the list.

There's also a feature on HFboards where you can embed tweets, and that'd be nice too, with how much hockey news & video is shared on twitter now.

Didn't we have a chat feature on one of the previous boards (hockeyboards or fanhome?)? That might be cool.

Is there any way this site can get some kind of ad (or something) to advertise this site to the masses to get more people to join this forum ? Like I'd contribute a few bucks to something like that, im sure there's some others who would too.

Is there any way this site can get some kind of ad (or something) to advertise this site to the masses to get more people to join this forum ? Like I'd contribute a few bucks to something like that, im sure there's some others who would too.
We're going to have social media integration to try and draw people along with an SEO campaign.

Back