• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs claim Antti Niemi off waivers

Funny how regular everyday fans like you and me understand that concept, but guys paid millions to manage teams don't....hence throwing 10.5M at a goalie...

Mind you, I also wouldn't have given 10.5M to Toews....even though everyone knows i've been bullish on getting centers for the longest time on this board (and the board before this one)
I would have never given that contract to Toews either but I don't have a problem with Kane having it. Even when the whole world was fawning over Toews I always maintained that Kane was the better player.

I would have never given that contract to Toews either but I don't have a problem with Kane having it. Even when the whole world was fawning over Toews I always maintained that Kane was the better player.

Yep we agree on this...(as with most things)

He was free? Who cares? And lets be honest, would you rather him play 1 or 2 games or Fucale?

The move has bad optics. Niemi sucks, and the Canadiens look like a bunch of losers for signing him. Looks like desperation even if it's not . . . but perception matters in our world.

According to twitter Bergevin acolytes, this is a logical move and anyone who is worried about Price as a result are just stupid.

The move has bad optics. Niemi sucks, and the Canadiens look like a bunch of losers for signing him. Looks like desperation even if it's not . . . but perception matters in our world.

agreed

to pick him up the day Price stopped practicing due to not getting better brings up ugly memories of Scrivens

Hopefully this just means the Habs are scared to death of Fucale starting a game and felt they needed to take out some insurance. If Lindgren continues to play this well , there is no justification in sending him back to the AHL. They will just have to release Niemi again when Price comes back. Habs need a strong backup the rest of the way.

Holy fcku guys, Price is considered by most in the hockey universe as an elite goalie, locking him up was a logical move and most would agree except for the few. Why constantly shit on him? A business move, pay more now with the hopes that the signing brings value later....

Holy fcku guys, Price is considered by most in the hockey universe as an elite goalie, locking him up was a logical move and most would agree except for the few. Why constantly shit on him? A business move, pay more now with the hopes that the signing brings value later....

I think most realize this. If MB would have offered less and let him walk his head would have been chopped off. Especially after letting PK go not all that long ago. But having an always injured very high paid goalie really sucks the big one.

I think most realize this. If MB would have offered less and let him walk his head would have been chopped off. Especially after letting PK go not all that long ago. But having an always injured very high paid goalie really sucks the big one.

the latter part is the issue but none on this board would have the stones to trade Subban, face that wrath, then do the same with Price shortly thereafter.

My only issue with Price is his contract. All the good/elite goalies in the league are paid between 5M and 7.5M except 2. Price is by far the biggest outlier and I don't think he is significantly better than the other elite goalies in the league.

My only issue with Price is his contract. All the good/elite goalies in the league are paid between 5M and 7.5M except 2. Price is by far the biggest outlier and I don't think he is significantly better than the other elite goalies in the league.

He had Bozovin by the nuts though. He knew no way Bozovin could let a second star go in two years. He might have been underpaid the last couple of years too.

Price has been good over the years, exceptional a couple of years,but I've always thought him a little overated because of a career of very ordinary playoff performances. Make no mistake,we kept the right guy, though I didn't think so at the time. But we probably would have won as much in the playoffs with Halak, except he can't stay healthy :couch

3 cups = bonus pay

If they won squat they are in the 7-8 mil range , they wouldnt be the 2 leading the way to the next salary bump

Hawks would be smart to start shopping Toews before it's too late.....maybe........mayyyyyyyybe some GM's bite on Toews (I doubt it)....

Back