• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #19 | Blue Jackets vs. Canadiens | Nov. 14, 2017

I wouldnt say there was no issue. He wasnt very smooth moving the puck around IMO....but yes, Petry was just putrid and for the record, I would have no issue with a Chucky, Drouin, Weber trio starting (and getting the most ice).

People get very defensive when Weber is questioned.

On the surface Weber is not a good option for 3 on 3, but with Petry's struggles and Mete becoming more and more irreverent as each game passes, there isn't much of an option now.

People get very defensive when Weber is questioned.

On the surface Weber is not a good option for 3 on 3, but with Petry's struggles and Mete becoming more and more irreverent as each game passes, there isn't much of an option now.

I have no issues with weber being on the ice. He's sadly the best option.

If he had the stamina I would play him the entire 5 minutes rather than put Petry or Benn on the ice.

But time after time after time, putting pleks before drouin and galchenyuk is absolutely retarded.

3 on 3 pond hockey is not the time to play prevent defense.

I just don't know how any sane coach can look at this roster and come to the conclusion that Plekanec-Byron is the duo that gives us the best chance to win in OT.

I just don't know how any sane coach can look at this roster and come to the conclusion that Plekanec-Byron is the duo that gives us the best chance to win in OT.
Fear of losing syndrome...Hail Mary approach to winning. Hope Plekanec can cause a defensive turnover and set Byron free.

Having said that CBJ, a team that’s far superior in talent to Habs on paper, played possum all game - got an early lead and sat on it hoping to protect a 1-0 win.

To be fair with them, they did their job, which is gain possession of the puck and then change. At least I like to think that's their job.

I'm waiting for this too. I just can't find a single reason for Drouin-AG being 3rd in OT. It makes absolutely no god damn sense.
Only thing I can think of is that the hope is if they do get out there it will be against weak or tired opponents. Risky though. And I don't think Julien is risky.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Not bashing Weber at all cause I generally really like him, but he does not look that well suited for 3 on 3 a lot of times either. Twice last night he seemed surprised by a simple drop pass and their puck movement got screwed up and they lost possession.

Not gonna lie, I was thinking of how good a Drouin, Chucky, PK trio would have looked compared to Plex, Byron, Weber. I'd have to think they could match up with most anybody in the league.
They need a guy like Subban

Here's what boggles the mind, without Price they're likely to lose in the shootout so why not go for the win in OT. 92-27.

The whole reason behind the welfare point is to encourage teams to go for it during overtime because they've got nothing to lose but risk averse coaches just can't help themselves. They can't let go of the chain.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Julien said it without saying it directly, he thinks Galchenyuk and Drouin suck defensively. Like they will give up the goal to other team's best players 9 times out of 10. Those guys must feel like shiite now.

Julien said it without saying it directly, he thinks Galchenyuk and Drouin suck defensively. Like they will give up the goal to other team's best players 9 times out of 10. Those guys must feel like shiite now.

THERE IS NO DEFENSE IN 3 ON 3 POND HOCKEY!!!!

Ironically, neither has given up a 3 on 3 goal this season, unlike Plekanec and Danault.

The point of 3 on 3 is to have possession of the puck. 92-27 can do that. How stupid is Julien anyway?

As apposed to the other forwards giving up the goals in OT?

Julien is a good coach. I'm happy we have him - but he is struggling mightily with Drouin and Galchenyuk.

Just play them and win.

He basically pushed Seguin out of Boston....in today's NHL, coaches are always on the hot seat, so they need immediate results, hence why he prefers the safety blanket of Pleks-Danault

5-year contract doesn't mean he's immune from criticism if they miss the playoffs. This is not Toronto, where ALL management (including Babcock) made it clear to fans that they would suck for a few years before they start winning

He basically pushed Seguin out of Boston....in today's NHL, coaches are always on the hot seat, so they need immediate results, hence why he prefers the safety blanket of Pleks-Danault

5-year contract doesn't mean he's immune from criticism if they miss the playoffs. This is not Toronto, where ALL management (including Babcock) made it clear to fans that they would suck for a few years before they start winning

Julien does't need immediate results. Bergevin does.

Back