• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Islanders 11/16 7:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Canes take a 5 game point streak to Brooklyn to meet the Fishsticks.

The Canes practiced yesterday before heading to the airport. They will not skate this morning. Marcus Kruger missed practice with flu-like symptoms. If he can't go, Jooris will move to center and PDG will draw into the lineup. No other lineup changes on tap. Darling gets the start in goal. The Canes have earned points in 9 of the last 10 against the Isles and 5 straight games on the road.

The Islanders sit 5th in the Metro and hold down the 2nd Wild Card spot, with 20 points in 17 games, 2 more than the Canes. Future Cane John Tavares leads with 13 goals, tied for 2nd in the league, Josh Bailey has 15 assists, tied for 10th in the league. Jaro Halak and Thomase Greiss have evenly split the time in goal. Neither have great stats, Halak is 3.06/.898 and Greiss is 3.28/.905. Their PP is 15th in the league at 19.3%, 13th at home at 20.8%. They're 11th on the PK at 82.5%, 82.1% at home.

Fox Sports Carolinas for TV.

Tavares the Canes killer. Can he win it alone. Will Slavin shut him down?

It would surprise me if Slavin/Pesce saw much of Tavares. Weight gets the last change so I'd wait until they left the ice before I threw Tavares over the boards. But it's not just him. The Isles are 4th in the league in goals/game at 3.47.

This is the type of game your goaltending needs to be sharp and your offense needs to keep the puck in the offensive zone as much as possible. PP success wouldn't hurt either...

Last edited:
That powerplay needs an enema. Fire the entire coaching staff.

I hope Thursday Night Football is better than this crap.

Yaaay, I knew this would happen once we got the lead. And how did Lindholm actually not miss after creating such a golden opportunity?

The Bill Peters Show has to end. This guy has no answers to all the hard questions. He honestly looks lost back there.

Absolutely ridiculous. How many 3rd period leads have we turned into losses this year?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Peters has to do better when h in a lead in the third. I suggest putting out 5 d-men

Back