• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #20 | Coyotes vs. Canadiens | Nov. 16, 2017

And yet when they decide to play with some urgency, they're pretty good. The problem is that they're going through motions most of the time and they don't have the talent to pull it off. The work ethic isn't there this year. They're not working.

And yet when they decide to play with some urgency, they're pretty good. The problem is that they're going through motions most of the time and they don't have the talent to pull it off. The work ethic isn't there this year. They're not working.

IMO their record is a reflection of the off-season. 20 games isn't a small sample size anymore. It's 1/4 of the entire season.

They got rid of Markov and entered the year with nearly 8 million in cap space. The roster was flawed and incomplete.

The 8-10-2 record isn't shocking to me.

They're worse than they should have been, and one reason is because Price has been the worst goalie in the league (after Niemi).

I expected something more along the lines of 10-8-2 instead.

That being said yes, the roster is flawed and this defense is a disaster, which was completely expected. What was not expected is Price not being Price.

I've agreed with this but not to the extent that you're mentioning. Petry and Alzner still compares favorably to the likes of Emelin, Beaulieu, Gorges (miss him), Bouillon, Diaz, Murray, Gonchar, Weaver, Gilbert, etc.

Why are Petry and Alzner so bad this year? Petry wasn't that bad the last 2 years and Alzner used to be known as a top defender.

Also our forward group is much better this year. I'd take Drouin-Danault-Plekanec at center over DD-Plekanec-Eller anytime. And I think we have 3 decent pairs of wingers, something MT never truly had.

Petry has had more downs than up since he's been here.

Alzner is what he is...not particularly mobile and often a step behind.

I though Alzner was better than what he is showing but it's scary to think that this guy just got signed.

There's some really awful pro scouting going on now for a couple of years.

The pro scouts should have told MB to stay away from Alzner, stay away from Hemsky, stay away from Streit, stay away from King, stay away from Martinsen etc etc...

Have to factor in how much faster the game has got over just the past 2-3 seasons. Recall in 2012-2013 and the following season there were quite a few old school 4th lines on NHL teams. MT had the luxury of a slower NHL until last year, Julien doesn’t.

oh please, the NHL did not get significantly faster in one offseason

I agree, once they went up 2-0, they thought they could coast. Hell even up 4-3 with a power play to ice the game, we gave up two breakaways to the crappy Stepan.

Petry has had more downs than up since he's been here.

Alzner is what he is...not particularly mobile and often a step behind.

I though Alzner was better than what he is showing but it's scary to think that this guy just got signed.

There's some really awful pro scouting going on now for a couple of years.

The pro scouts should have told MB to stay away from Alzner, stay away from Hemsky, stay away from Streit, stay away from King, stay away from Martinsen etc etc...

Alzner was universally expected to be the FA that would get overpaid. He was.

Why is Petry so bad? He's expected to do more.

Playing behind Weber and Markov is a lot easier.

Bergevin is an idiot. I can't stand this organization. I really wish Molson would sell to some billionaire that gives a shit.

Bergevin is an idiot. I can't stand this organization. I really wish Molson would sell to some billionaire that gives a shit.

last time we tried to sell, no billionaire wanted to buy

This is not an excuse to struggle defending 3rd and 4th line. His role really hasn't changed that much except for bigger responsibilities on the PP.

So just buy the ****ing team already, instead of always complaining about it....

last time we tried to sell, no billionaire wanted to buy

Saputo's wanted.....but there was a gentleman's agreement to step aside because Molson's group had lobbied first and hard to get the team

Saputo was ready to offer more than Molson's last offer, but they backed-out (and it wasn't because of money)

Saputo's wanted.....but there was a gentleman's agreement to step aside because Molson's group had lobbied first and hard to get the team

Saputo was ready to offer more than Molson's last offer, but they backed-out (and it wasn't because of money)

given how they run the Impact, is that really a bad thing?

The last thing we need is for Saputo to buy the Habs. If the track record with his soccer team is any indication it would be a disaster. Only Xpo would be happy.

The Canucks are owned by a paesan who likes to meddle in hockey decisions too. It's not been helpful. We need a Mark Cuban type of owner. Someone who's willing to take risks in order to try for greatness instead of being satisfied with the mediocre status quo.

Back