• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #20 | Coyotes vs. Canadiens | Nov. 16, 2017

In fairness to Clode, he doesn't have much of a team here to work with.

Julien doesn’t get a pass here...he is to blame for guys like King, Ott, Chuckie on the 4th line in the playoffs, Deslauriers over Carr, Pleks-Dano over Drouin in OT...

I think we’ve seen enough to make an assessment

Have to factor in how much faster the game has got over just the past 2-3 seasons. Recall in 2012-2013 and the following season there were quite a few old school 4th lines on NHL teams. MT had the luxury of a slower NHL until last year, Julien doesn’t.

Have to factor in how much faster the game has got over just the past 2-3 seasons. Recall in 2012-2013 and the following season there were quite a few old school 4th lines on NHL teams. MT had the luxury of a slower NHL until last year, Julien doesn’t.

I think they adjusted for that by letting Markov and Emelin go. But they gave up too much hockey sense and tenacity in doing so.

He is not that dumb...he’s got a 10-year waiting list for season tickets, and managed to keep 8 mil in his pockets this year

I think we are the idiots for following the team, and yes, even you (even though you don’t spend a dime on the team)
Umm, aren't you the one paying to see them live and leaving early?

Neither did Michel and yet he did better.

Wait a minute wait a minute....Therrien had a much better defense corp.

This isn't even debatable.

The current defense is just atrocious...it's really really bad.

Take Markov a 20-22 minute a game + 40 point dman with above average hockey IQ out of the equation and not replacing him is nuts.

I was not a huge fan of Emelin or Beaulieu but at least they were NHL caliber defenseman which is more than I can say about Morrow, Davidson.

Petry and Alzner have been horrible....the expectation that Petry can elevate his game to alleviate some of the absence of Markov is just a complete failure of evaluation.

Petry can't even be counted on to defend adequately against other teams third and fourth liners.

Take Markov a 20-22 minute a game + 40 point dman with above average hockey IQ out of the equation and not replacing him is nuts.

I was not a huge fan of Emelin or Beaulieu but at least they were NHL caliber defenseman which is more than I can say about Morrow, Davidson.

Petry and Alzner have been horrible....the expectation that Petry can elevate his game to alleviate some of the absence of Markov is just a complete failure of evaluation.

Petry can't even be counted on to defend adequately against other teams third and fourth liners.

You sayin' that Jordie Benn is not an actual not first pairing d-man? Come on now . . . so critical.

The biggest mystery to me is Petry. So good when he first came here but just awful in the last year and a half . . . and seemingly getting worse by the week.

You sayin' that Jordie Benn is not an actual not first pairing d-man? Come on now . . . so critical.

The biggest mystery to me is Petry. So good when he first came here but just awful in the last year and a half . . . and seemingly getting worse by the week.

I always questioned why as a rental Petry didn't fetch more than a 2nd rounder.

Now we know why...no mystery here, he was not in demand at that deadline because most GMs who needed a dman knew that he was nothing more than a #4 guy.

Signing him seemed just as easy since Petry was most likely not gonna get the kind of money MB offered him elsewhere.

I've agreed with this but not to the extent that you're mentioning. Petry and Alzner still compares favorably to the likes of Emelin, Beaulieu, Gorges (miss him), Bouillon, Diaz, Murray, Gonchar, Weaver, Gilbert, etc.

Why are Petry and Alzner so bad this year? Petry wasn't that bad the last 2 years and Alzner used to be known as a top defender.

Also our forward group is much better this year. I'd take Drouin-Danault-Plekanec at center over DD-Plekanec-Eller anytime. And I think we have 3 decent pairs of wingers, something MT never truly had.

Man the excuses that people are coming up with to defend Julien.

Why the **** is this team so flat most of the time? They are barely ever able to play more than one good period per game.

Man the excuses that people are coming up with to defend Julien.

Why the **** is this team so flat most of the time? They are barely ever able to play more than one good period per game.

Cause they're not good?

It's Drouin, Galcheneyuk, Gallagher, Weber and sometimes Pacioretty. The rest of the team sucks.

This wasn't unexpected. The Habs had a terrible off-season.

Back