• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Slugs 11/18 7:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Canes try to get back on th winning track against Buffalo.

The Canes played a great 2nd period on Thursday. Unfortunately, it was sandwiched between 2 crappy periods. Kruger returned to practice after missing the Isles game with flu-like symptoms. Jooris didn’t practice, and even though Peters said it was a maintenance day, he may sit out tonight. With a back to back, we’ll probably see Ward either tonight or tomorrow, TBD at the morning skate.

The Slugs lost in Detroit last night to extend their winless streak to 4 games. They’re DFL in the Eastern Conference with 14 points in 19 games. Evander Kane is nearly a point per game player with 10 goals and 8 assists. Jack Eichel has 5 goals and leads the team with 11 assists. Ryan O’Reilly is next to last in the league at -14. Robin Lehner was in goal last night, we might see backup Chad Johnson tonight. His numbers are bad, 3.55/.885. The Slugs are 3rd worst in the league, allowing 3.53 goals/game. For all their woes, their PK is perfect at home, killing all 21 attempts. Even though the Canes have scored PP goals in 2 straight games, they’re next to last, converting 14.2%.

Fox Sports Carolinas for TV. There is a football game on before, so no pre-game show and the broadcast may be joined in progress.

Wow. Not much commentary on this one! The Canes played a solid (albeit low-scoring) game and Darling bounced back to have a really fine performance (except the 5-hole vulnerability on a breakaway). But he made some incredible stops to win this one for the team. Willy's shot was one of the slowest shots that I've seen, but hey, whatever works! And Aho makes a nice move to net his 3rd goal in 3 games. We need him to continue his scoring touch.

There were more comments but something must have happened to the database. I know I made a couple of comments about Darling having a bunch of 10 bell saves.

The site was moved to another server which means a new database. As it was being worked on for a couple of days we lost those posts. Sorry for any inconvenience.

The site was moved to another server which means a new database. As it was being worked on for a couple of days we lost those posts. Sorry for any inconvenience.

No worries. Glad to have the other issues resolved.

Back