• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Islanders 11/19 5:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Canes face the Fishsticks in the 2nd game of a back to back and open a 4 game homestand.

Both teams played last night, the Isles won at Tampa, 5-3. Lee had 2, Ladd, Nelson and Tavares had the others.

The blown lead from Thursday should be fresh in the Canes’ mind, last night’s win in Buffalo notwithstanding. With Darling playing last night, expect Ward in goal today.

It’s Hockey Fights Cancer night. The Canes will wear lavender warmups that will be auctioned later and there will be displays all over the lower concourse.

Fox Sports Carolinas for TV.

C'mon Canes! Take revenge on the fishsticks in front of the home crowd. We need this one.

Peters confirmed that Ward is in goal. Jooris will warm up and they'll decide if he's playing or not.

A night off AFAIK.

Canes are going on our patented finish in Ninth place March run in November.... Just outside a playoff position.

Cam Ward was incredible tonight - the best goal-tending that I've seen from him in years. The one sequence in the 2nd period when he stopped 3 tough shots in a row was unbelievable and had the crowd on its feet screaming like crazy.

Ok. So not bad. Still gotta wonder if we had even close to a point scoring producing center how things would be different... but if Aho, Turbo and Lindholm can stay producing... it will definitely be at last exciting? :)
Every once and a while I think of ES... and then stop and say no. It didn't work. There were millions of chances. Wasn't meant to be.

This team isn't missing a center like Eric Staal, they're missing a center like Scott Spezza ... a playmaking passer and possession guy who can make stuff happen.

Note the "likes" in that sentence. NOT advocating the we trade for Spezza. We just need that kind of first line center. With the wingers we've got, our offense might actually work if we did things the traditional way and had some distribution from the middle of the ice.

Nice idea JB (regarding Spezza)... he's 34...not likely to crack 80 points again, but I think he still can do 50-70. But yeah more importantly Spezza has ALWAYS been a passer, pass first kinda guy who has a decent shot that he probably should use more often. (The Anti-Staal)

He's started slow for the stars this season. Offer em Victor Rask !!

Nice idea JB (regarding Spezza)... he's 34...not likely to crack 80 points again, but I think he still can do 50-70. But yeah more importantly Spezza has ALWAYS been a passer, pass first kinda guy who has a decent shot that he probably should use more often. (The Anti-Staal)

He's started slow for the stars this season. Offer em Victor Rask !!

I specifically said i wasn’t talking about that specific player. Jeez

Back