• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Go all the way to Hire Steve Yzerman

Habs-25

Banned
I don't know what it takes, and i don't think bribing someone like him will create a language debate(which i hope not), but Habs need to offer this guy whatever he wants to, a bit like how Leafs went aggressive on Babcock. He has done an amazing with Bolts, it is not only about drafting high in their case(even though they had few top picks).

The only way of saving this organisation in long term is to hire the right people and stop this language non-sense.

Not sure this needs a thread. It would have been find in the Around the League thread. Or maybe the Rumours and Flat Out BS thread.

Yzerman has a job as GM of the Lightning. He's not leaving there to come to Montreal. Why would he?

Not sure this needs a thread. It would have been find in the Around the League thread. Or maybe the Rumours and Flat Out BS thread.

Yzerman has a job as GM of the Lightning. He's not leaving there to come to Montreal. Why would he?

You may be right, it didn't need a new thread but the idea of hiring a successful person deserve it own thread.

Do you think Leafs knocked at Wings doors and asked Babcok to become their coach and he right away accepted the offer? It sure has been a long process. I give Yzerman as example(as i like him) but you can name it.

Last edited:
Fair enough I suppose.

The Leafs went about it the right way when they hired Shanahan and told him to do anything he had to do to build the best front office possible. Molson isn't smart enough to do something like that... in fact he appears to be quite the opposite. He'd rather hire a budget GM and tell him to play it safe.

Fair enough I suppose.

The Leafs went about it the right way when they hired Shanahan and told him to do anything he had to do to build the best front office possible. Molson isn't smart enough to do something like that... in fact he appears to be quite the opposite. He'd rather hire a budget GM and tell him to play it safe.

Yet he pay some times more than some other teams, look at Julien contract.

I don't think is all about money. They have a small circle and everyone should be inside that circle. Habs need to get a real president(like Leafs did) and work on GM and coach base on that.

People can say what they want to but becoming an original's 6 GM, president, coach should be a tempting opportunity for anyone.

Last edited:
Do people not recall the introductory PC when Jr clearly stated MBs mandate was to “ensure the team competes for a playoff spot immediately”?

Do people not recall the introductory PC when Jr clearly stated MBs mandate was to “ensure the team competes for a playoff spot immediately”?

I dont recall the part about after 6 years .....we would still stink like a donkey`s ass.

Yzerman was reportedly interested in the Montreal job but Molson went with Bergevin. Solid.

Yeah, Like a GM will quit a job in tampa to work in montreal.

Tampa's record is actually worst in the last 5 years than hours so I'd like someone to tell me how Yserman is an upgrade?

Let’s see Stevie Y inherited two elite caliber 1st overall picks who are in their prime right now (Stamkos, Hedman), missed the playoffs 3-of-6 years as GM landing a couple of high picks, operates in one of the desired low tax + geography markets, lucked out that his pre-2012 gamble of small + pure skill picks aligned with change of the game post-2012 lockout, post-2012 draft other than top-5 picks has been meh.

I see lots of similarities to Ken Holland “genius GM”...

Stanley is the only high end GM in the NHL...even he never built a team from ground zero

Jim Nill, Poile, Stevie Y would all have the same or worse results in Mtl, this org needs to find the next Dan Duquette circa 1991. Too bad there are none in the NHL...

Last edited:
No GM is perfect but I look at two key factors that says a lot about an organization and how the GM runs his ship

Player development and drafting....no one has done that better than TB the last five years.

Their AHL team contends with their youth and they graduate players consistently.

I think Yzerman has put together a good structure.

Back