• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #23 | Canadiens vs. Subban | Nov. 22, 2017

Habs4Life

23.jpg

Ducks.gif

Watch Emelin score on a floater from the point....

Remind me again why we were so eager to dump Emelin so we can saddle ourselves with Alzner for 5 years ???

Watch Emelin score on a floater from the point....

Remind me again why we were so eager to dump Emelin so we can saddle ourselves with Alzner for 5 years ???

Prreeeeeeeeeeeetttyyyy sure most (including you) wanted Emelin gone and were happy they signed Alzner.

How will Subban react when he scores the winner?

Probably the same anyone would react after scoring the winner. He'd be pretty damn excited. Other than that I don't think he cares about the Habs anymore. Might even feel sorry for them (except Bergy).

Even Pacioretty shows emotion when scoring game winners in OT.

Alzner in and of himself is not the problem, but as usual, Bergevin does what he can to get out his mistakes and then makes it worse.

Alzner is fine but he's just more of what we already have with Weber: a stay-at-home defenceman. He's better than Emelin, but he's not a puck-mover. Hopefully Jerabek is.

Alzner is fine but he's just more of what we already have with Weber: a stay-at-home defenceman. He's better than Emelin, but he's not a puck-mover. Hopefully Jerabek is.

He's not "fine" at his contract. He's paid to be a #2.

He was universally predicted as the Free Agent to get overpaid and over-termed.

MB did it.

Last edited:
Weber skated this morning and is a game-time decision.

I want Shea Weber to suit up.
F*** your day to day injury, show some PRIDE.
Try and show the world why Subban was traded for you.

I want Pacioretty to play his best game of the season.
I want him to be involved and to see him give everything he’s got.
Try and show the world why you were chosen to lead this franchise over Subban.

Carey Price..
If it was the playoffs, you would have played last week.
Playoffs are right now mate.

For most Montreal Canadiens fans, this is an important game, regardless of the standings.
They have a chance to show that they care about an important game.
They have the chance to try and show that the direction this team has taken post-subban is not complete sh*t.
Players should know that and play accordingly tonight.

I WANT TO SEE EMOTIONS TONIGHT

But most important, I DEMAND TO BE ENTERTAINED in this pathetic faillure of a season.

ALL UFA's are overpaid and over-termed. You don't get many bargains on July 1st.

Can you just listen to people for once? You don't need to protect your wrong opinions all the time. It's OK to be wrong.

Alzner was the guy that all analysts predicted to be THE GUY that was going to be overpaid and over-termed in the off season.

Why do you think MB is a good GM? This wasn't a good signing.

Last edited:
The worst in all that is MB fcuked it up with D core and doesn't want accept it, he thinks our D is even much better than last year. I mean doing mistakes is one thing, everyone does, being stupid or arrogant enough to not admit your mistakes is just another level. On top of that for a guy who put emphasis on his D more than anything, that is even more terrible.

The worst in all that is MB fcuked it up with D core and doesn't want accept it, he thinks our D is even much better than last year. I mean doing mistakes is one thing, everyone does, being stupid or arrogant enough to not admit your mistakes is just another level. On top of that for a guy who put emphasis on his D more than anything, that is even more terrible.

I don't think he really thinks this anymore. He just can't admit that he's a failure as a GM and has really hurt this organization going forward.

Can you just listen to people for once? You don't need to protect your wrong opinions all the time. It's OK to be wrong.

Alzner was the guy that all analysts predicted to be THE GUY that was going to be overpaid and over-termed in the off season.

Why do you think MB is a good GM? This wasn't a good signing.

Actually a lot of pundits were thinking that Radulov would be the guy who didn't live up to expectations. Alzner is what he is. He'd have been a fine addition if the Habs already had a left handed #1 guy to play with Weber. A second pairing of Alzner and Petry would be good playing behind Weber and that #1 lefty. But Mete, Shlemko and Benn aren't that #1 guy.

It was a bad signing but not because Alzner is bad. It was a bad signing because the Habs had other, more pressing needs that they didn't address. Alzner should have been an afterthought for Bergy, not his main free agent acquisition of the summer.

Back