Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 150

Thread: GDT: Game #23 | Canadiens vs. Subban | Nov. 22, 2017

  1. #1
    Legend Habs4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    42,174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default GDT: Game #23 | Canadiens vs. Subban | Nov. 22, 2017




  2. #2
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    62,794
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #23 | Canadiens vs. Subban | Nov. 22, 2017

    How will Subban react when he scores the winner?
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  3. #3
    Legend Habs4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    42,174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #23 | Canadiens vs. Subban | Nov. 22, 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    How will Subban react when he scores the winner?
    Whoever scores 1st for Nashville will have the winning goal.

  4. #4
    Canadiens Moderator Rolex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #23 | Canadiens vs. Subban | Nov. 22, 2017

    Watch Emelin score on a floater from the point....

    Remind me again why we were so eager to dump Emelin so we can saddle ourselves with Alzner for 5 years ???
    "Love one another as I have loved you"... Jesus-Christ our Holy Lord and Savior Forever Amen and Alleluia !!!

  5. #5
    Mod Squad hairnova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Halifax, NS.
    Posts
    118,367
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #23 | Canadiens vs. Subban | Nov. 22, 2017

    Weber skated this morning and is a game-time decision.

  6. #6
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,727
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #23 | Canadiens vs. Subban | Nov. 22, 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Habs4Life View Post
    Whoever scores 1st for Nashville will have the winning goal.
    hahahaha

    Yeah - this game has shutout written all over it.




    Watch us score at least 4 now....

  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,727
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #23 | Canadiens vs. Subban | Nov. 22, 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    Watch Emelin score on a floater from the point....

    Remind me again why we were so eager to dump Emelin so we can saddle ourselves with Alzner for 5 years ???
    Prreeeeeeeeeeeetttyyyy sure most (including you) wanted Emelin gone and were happy they signed Alzner.

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,727
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #23 | Canadiens vs. Subban | Nov. 22, 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    How will Subban react when he scores the winner?
    Probably the same anyone would react after scoring the winner. He'd be pretty damn excited. Other than that I don't think he cares about the Habs anymore. Might even feel sorry for them (except Bergy).

    Even Pacioretty shows emotion when scoring game winners in OT.

  9. #9
    Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Forum ICE
    Posts
    143,855
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #23 | Canadiens vs. Subban | Nov. 22, 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBolduke View Post
    Prreeeeeeeeeeeetttyyyy sure most (including you) wanted Emelin gone and were happy they signed Alzner.
    A few people didn't mind Emelin, I was one of them.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

  10. #10
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    62,794
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #23 | Canadiens vs. Subban | Nov. 22, 2017

    Alzner in and of himself is not the problem, but as usual, Bergevin does what he can to get out his mistakes and then makes it worse.
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  11. #11
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,727
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #23 | Canadiens vs. Subban | Nov. 22, 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    Alzner in and of himself is not the problem, but as usual, Bergevin does what he can to get out his mistakes and then makes it worse.
    Disagree. I think Alzner and his contract has become a problem.

  12. #12
    Legend WeHaveMoreCupsThanYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    19,938
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #23 | Canadiens vs. Subban | Nov. 22, 2017

    Alzner is fine but he's just more of what we already have with Weber: a stay-at-home defenceman. He's better than Emelin, but he's not a puck-mover. Hopefully Jerabek is.
    The Montreal Canadiens:

    "Making easy jobs needlessly difficult since 1994"

  13. #13
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,727
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #23 | Canadiens vs. Subban | Nov. 22, 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by WeHaveMoreCupsThanYou View Post
    Alzner is fine but he's just more of what we already have with Weber: a stay-at-home defenceman. He's better than Emelin, but he's not a puck-mover. Hopefully Jerabek is.
    He's not "fine" at his contract. He's paid to be a #2.

    He was universally predicted as the Free Agent to get overpaid and over-termed.

    MB did it.
    Last edited by CaptainBolduke; 11-22-2017 at 04:25 PM.

  14. #14
    Legend WeHaveMoreCupsThanYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    19,938
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #23 | Canadiens vs. Subban | Nov. 22, 2017

    ALL UFA's are overpaid and over-termed. You don't get many bargains on July 1st.
    The Montreal Canadiens:

    "Making easy jobs needlessly difficult since 1994"

  15. #15
    1st Liner Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,539
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #23 | Canadiens vs. Subban | Nov. 22, 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by hairnova View Post
    Weber skated this morning and is a game-time decision.
    I want Shea Weber to suit up.
    F*** your day to day injury, show some PRIDE.
    Try and show the world why Subban was traded for you.

    I want Pacioretty to play his best game of the season.
    I want him to be involved and to see him give everything he’s got.
    Try and show the world why you were chosen to lead this franchise over Subban.

    Carey Price..
    If it was the playoffs, you would have played last week.
    Playoffs are right now mate.


    For most Montreal Canadiens fans, this is an important game, regardless of the standings.
    They have a chance to show that they care about an important game.
    They have the chance to try and show that the direction this team has taken post-subban is not complete sh*t.
    Players should know that and play accordingly tonight.


    I WANT TO SEE EMOTIONS TONIGHT

    But most important, I DEMAND TO BE ENTERTAINED in this pathetic faillure of a season.

  16. #16
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,727
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #23 | Canadiens vs. Subban | Nov. 22, 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by WeHaveMoreCupsThanYou View Post
    ALL UFA's are overpaid and over-termed. You don't get many bargains on July 1st.
    Can you just listen to people for once? You don't need to protect your wrong opinions all the time. It's OK to be wrong.

    Alzner was the guy that all analysts predicted to be THE GUY that was going to be overpaid and over-termed in the off season.

    Why do you think MB is a good GM? This wasn't a good signing.
    Last edited by CaptainBolduke; 11-22-2017 at 04:49 PM.

  17. #17
    Legend Habs-25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    SJ
    Posts
    13,946
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #23 | Canadiens vs. Subban | Nov. 22, 2017

    The worst in all that is MB fcuked it up with D core and doesn't want accept it, he thinks our D is even much better than last year. I mean doing mistakes is one thing, everyone does, being stupid or arrogant enough to not admit your mistakes is just another level. On top of that for a guy who put emphasis on his D more than anything, that is even more terrible.

  18. #18
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,727
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #23 | Canadiens vs. Subban | Nov. 22, 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Habs-25 View Post
    The worst in all that is MB fcuked it up with D core and doesn't want accept it, he thinks our D is even much better than last year. I mean doing mistakes is one thing, everyone does, being stupid or arrogant enough to not admit your mistakes is just another level. On top of that for a guy who put emphasis on his D more than anything, that is even more terrible.
    I don't think he really thinks this anymore. He just can't admit that he's a failure as a GM and has really hurt this organization going forward.

  19. #19
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    66,491
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #23 | Canadiens vs. Subban | Nov. 22, 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBolduke View Post
    I don't think he really thinks this anymore. He just can't admit that he's a failure as a GM and has really hurt this organization going forward.
    That I agree with.

  20. #20
    Legend WeHaveMoreCupsThanYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    19,938
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #23 | Canadiens vs. Subban | Nov. 22, 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBolduke View Post
    Can you just listen to people for once? You don't need to protect your wrong opinions all the time. It's OK to be wrong.

    Alzner was the guy that all analysts predicted to be THE GUY that was going to be overpaid and over-termed in the off season.

    Why do you think MB is a good GM? This wasn't a good signing.
    Actually a lot of pundits were thinking that Radulov would be the guy who didn't live up to expectations. Alzner is what he is. He'd have been a fine addition if the Habs already had a left handed #1 guy to play with Weber. A second pairing of Alzner and Petry would be good playing behind Weber and that #1 lefty. But Mete, Shlemko and Benn aren't that #1 guy.

    It was a bad signing but not because Alzner is bad. It was a bad signing because the Habs had other, more pressing needs that they didn't address. Alzner should have been an afterthought for Bergy, not his main free agent acquisition of the summer.
    The Montreal Canadiens:

    "Making easy jobs needlessly difficult since 1994"

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •