• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Torrey Mitchell traded to Kings

Beginning of fire sale?
Nah, it’s simply a continuation of the strategy to get the team younger. The forward group is already one of the youngest, and will likely only get younger once Max is dealt some point between now & deadline - next shift in focus will be younger & more mobile D group.

And if rumors are to be believed that MB will not trade picks, the org is focusing on 2018 & 2019 drafts which are projected to be deep with talent.

So what do Habs have for 2018 draft - 8 or 9 selections?

1st + 3-2nd rounders (assuming Sergachev plays 41-games),and now the 4th back (as LA should make the playoffs), along with 3rd + 5th + 6th?

Last edited:
It's still a titanic with JT.

He can't fix the D . If we move more significant assets to get him who is he going to play with and what do we have left on the top 6 .

Keep in mind he will be 28 next year , he doesn't have the luxury of CMD who has a decade ahead of him or his team to improve. His Isles flawed like us havent won or even come close to winning anything .

Great player but we will be even more depleted in a big trade .
You have to start somewhere

It's still a titanic with JT.

He can't fix the D . If we move more significant assets to get him who is he going to play with and what do we have left on the top 6 .

Keep in mind he will be 28 next year , he doesn't have the luxury of CMD who has a decade ahead of him or his team to improve. His Isles flawed like us havent won or even come close to winning anything .

Great player but we will be even more depleted in a big trade .
I said "add."

Tavares won't touch this sinking ship. We are thin now, trading for him leaves us nowhere for years. Just dont see a rebuild being made around a guy well into his 30's by the time we can compete.

Tavares won't touch this sinking ship. We are thin now, trading for him leaves us nowhere for years. Just dont see a rebuild being made around a guy well into his 30's by the time we can compete.

Adding that kind of skill to a team would add to the compete level huge. We need some puck moving D. **** what a mess

If the money is there, any player will come, regardless of their situation. Problem with JT is that 29 other teams will also find the money. Getting Tavares isn't the problem. Getting his name on a contract extension after the end of this season is a huge problem. If he won't re-up with the Habs after this season then the deal is dead on arrival. We don't need an expensive rental.

If the money is there, any player will come, regardless of their situation. Problem with JT is that 29 other teams will also find the money. Getting Tavares isn't the problem. Getting his name on a contract extension after the end of this season is a huge problem. If he won't re-up with the Habs after this season then the deal is dead on arrival. We don't need an expensive rental.

Tavares is one of the most talented players in the league. He has played near a decade on a team with no hope. I think situation will play into his decision.

Adding that kind of skill to a team would add to the compete level huge. We need some puck moving D. **** what a mess

Jerabek can move the puck, I believe. But this team doesn't care about that. They want their defencemen to play air tight defence before even thinking about moving the puck. Hence the reason why Jerabek has been languishing in Laval. But if he can stick, and Schlemko is reliable then the defence starts looking a bit better.

Jerabek - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Schlemko - Benn/Mete

Jerabek can move the puck, I believe. But this team doesn't care about that. They want their defencemen to play air tight defence before even thinking about moving the puck. Hence the reason why Jerabek has been languishing in Laval. But if he can stick, and Schlemko is reliable then the defence starts looking a bit better.

Jerabek - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Schlemko - Benn/Mete

You know your defense is in trouble when a guy can go from the ahl to the top pairing.

if only there was some sort of internal option in the summer.... seems like we might have had somebody but i cant think of who

if only there was some sort of internal option in the summer.... seems like we might have had somebody but i cant think of who

Molson is working his way down the ladder.

From title of Owner to President.....next will be from President to GM

Maybe Coach by next summer

Back