• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #26 | Senators vs. Canadiens | Nov. 29, 2017 | 7:30p

Without Drouin who would the Habs 1st line be exactly, let alone having a proven scoring threat on a 2nd line? Add to it Sergachev wouldn't be providing the same offensive output on this Habs team.

I like Drouin a lot, but I hate when people use the bolded as part of a rationale. People use that type of line when they got nothing else.

Without Drouin who would the Habs 1st line be exactly, let alone having a proven scoring threat on a 2nd line? Add to it Sergachev wouldn't be providing the same offensive output on this Habs team.

Totally disagree , we trade a top D stud prospect for a player barely in the top 100 in scoring . Our only trade chip has been traded for a 5 goal scorer and your concerned what our top line would like without him

He is on the same trajectory as last year in TB , nice player but thats it . SY knew exactly what he was giving up .

Other teams would be crucified right now for this trade .

Could you imagine the Bruins dumping Mcavoy for a 5 goal scorer that equals Jake DeBrusk .

Totally disagree , we trade a top D stud prospect for a player barely in the top 100 in scoring . Our only trade chip has been traded for a 5 goal scorer and your concerned what our top line would like without him

He is on the same trajectory as last year in TB , nice player but thats it . SY knew exactly what he was giving up .

Other teams would be crucified right now for this trade .

Could you imagine the Bruins dumping Mcavoy for a 5 goal scorer that equals Jake DeBrusk .
Org core competencies- he Habs do not know how to draft & develop high skilled forwards, their core competencies are goaltending followed by Dman.

In the last 25-years the org hasn’t drafted & developed one forward with Drouin’s high end offensive skill set (other than Max the shooter), yet have drafted & developed 4-top end Dman (Markov, Subban, McDonagh and Sergachev)

Just as Philly sucks at identifying goaltending, Habs are equivalently poor at doing so with offensive skill set at the forward position.

Last edited:
Org core competencies- he Habs do not know how to draft & develop high skilled forwards, their core competencies are goaltending followed by Dman.

In the last 25-years the org hasn’t drafted & developed one forward with Drouin’s high end offensive skill set (other than Max the shooter), yet have drafted & developed 4-top end Dman (Markov, Subban, McDonagh and Sergachev)

Just as Philly sucks at identifying goaltending, Habs are equivalently poor at doing so with offensive skill set at the forward position.

No franchise can save a beating for a trade like this , no one . I dont care what we cant develop .

Who trades away a stud prospect for this production in return and I like JD.

You cant trade a McAvoy , Chabot , Chevy , Keller , etc unless you are netting a stud kid in return or an established 25-27 year old star type that maybe needs a change of scenery , not a player on a 50 point pace .

How many quality D have we developed since 2008 ? Chevy doesn't count we didn't develop him .

How many quality D have we developed since 2008 ? Chevy doesn't count we didn't develop him .

of course Sergachev counts, Habs deserve credit for drafting him, think Edm doesn’t have 2nd thoughts about Puljujarvi and wouldn’t mind a do over or Canucks?

Mete will be an NHL regular. By the same token, how many 1st line players have the Habs drafted or developed in the last 25-years not just since 2008? See a pattern?

I’m not justifying the overall piss poor drafting record since 2008, but this org really lacks that instinctive feel on what to look for in identifying high end forward skill...been like that for a long time now.

Meh, most of our coaches have had great difficulty cultivating and grooming high end forward skill...

Back