• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #27 | Canadiens vs. Red Wings | Nov. 30, 2017 | 7:30p

Kinda touches my heart the way this team has clawed it's way into playoff contention

ya know, considering the start of the season. I see the captain that should be, had 2 fine redirects for scooores!

I have not seen a whole lot of the games this week, but in addition to Price, a few tweaks on defence seems to have done something as well-Jerabek etc? As for Price, he has looked on top of his game. I know he is probably often worn down come playoffs, but just once I would like to see top form Carey in April/May/June rather than November.

Lindgren will likely play a key role in enabling that IMO. Marc Denis was mentioning an interesting stat, since 2005-2006 no goalie who’s played 60+ regular season games has won a Cup - I.e Corey Crawford has never won the Cup when he’s played more than 60, Bobrovski’s terrible performance in the playoffs despite outstanding regular season numbers when he played over 65-games etc..

Logic being the game has become too demanding and with the elevation intensity post-New Year and then again once playoffs start a rested goalie can only have any hope of success.

Lindgren will likely play a key role in enabling that IMO. Marc Denis was mentioning an interesting stat, since 2005-2006 no goalie who’s played 60+ regular season games has won a Cup - I.e Corey Crawford has never won the Cup when he’s played more than 60, Bobrovski’s terrible performance in the playoffs despite outstanding regular season numbers when he played over 65-games etc..

Logic being the game has become too demanding and with the elevation intensity post-New Year and then again once playoffs start a rested goalie can only have any hope of success.

Quick did it in 2011-12, also Fleury.

I have not seen a whole lot of the games this week, but in addition to Price, a few tweaks on defence seems to have done something as well-Jerabek etc? As for Price, he has looked on top of his game. I know he is probably often worn down come playoffs, but just once I would like to see top form Carey in April/May/June rather than November.

Weber not being there has made us more mobile?

Once 6 comes back I'd arrange the defence thusly:

Jerabek - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Schlemko - Benn/Mete/Morrow

I think that Jerabek is smart enough, big enough and mobile enough to play on the top pair with 6. The second pair guys have gelled, and the third pair isn't the worst I've seen from this franchise over the past few seasons either.

We haven't lost a game since Weber went out . Coincidence ?

Bartend, another Sam's !

A bientot !

Back