• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Panthers 12/2 7:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
It’s Star Wars night. May the force be with us.

No morning skate with the game last night. Ice will probably be worse than usual, NC State is playing basketball right now and there has been a delay for medical treatment on the SC State bench.

Last home game for 2 weeks, they head to the west coast, Vegas and Buffaltucky for the next 6 games.

Fox Sports Carolinas for TV.

A. Two weeks on the road will either galvanize this group or destroy them completely

B. Couldn't have better timing to play a home game with Florida, who are a darned site easier to play against than some of Carolina's recent foes. Keep their top line in check and this one takes care of itself. Don't and ... well, whatever I guess.

C. Thinking about comment A, if this team does go on the road and barf all over themselves it will be a litmus test on Francis, at least me me. A GM who both gives a crap and has some power would absolutely make a change. A lame duck GM playing out the string for a lame duck owner who has told him not to waste any money on buyouts, won't. Show me what you got, Ronnie. You've already got my season ticket money. Now prove that you care that I get something from my "investment"

I wish I had a hockey goal and a goalie stick. I would bludgeon the [polar's word] out of that goal every single Hurricanes game

I wish I had a hockey goal and a goalie stick. I would bludgeon the [polar's word] out of that goal every single Hurricanes game

This was in response to the late third period goal that tied up the game. I still want to work that goal over with the stick for giving the Panthers a point.

Man, this game was something to see at the PNC. I HATE giving up the lead late in the game, but that is what we do. But I LOVE the effort we had for most of the game and I especially LOVE the OT win - which I believe is our first of the season. Nordy's hit brought the crowd to its feet. And Skinner played like he was pissed off the entire game. This was really a fun game to watch live.

Missed this one out on a night with me lady... watching the highlights - looks like this was a real fun game, looks like the team played with intensity, Ward played good making some excellent saves... and wow on all three goals. Seriously. The simple yet effective passing and redirect on the first goal between Aho and Lindholm, Skinner's beauty, scoring also on a somewhat skim shot... and that goal by Hanifin in the OT. So happy for Noah. Goals like that really do wonders to a young players confidence and he certainly looked great on that winning goal. Really. Happy for Hanifin :)

Well after getting destroyed yet again by the Ranjerks - what can we do but take this win and smile?

It was nice to see Noah's exuberance after the goal, too. He has seemed to be disengaged and flat at times to me, and only shows slight bursts of emotion (though maybe he just has a less expressive demeanor). I only caught some highlights but he seemed stoked after the goal, and I read that he got into a fight??

With his coming from Boston, being the Anointed One throughout his amateur career, and not getting the contracts Slavin and Pesce got this offseason, I have feared he has been somewhat checked out and looking forward to free agency when he could find his way to a bigger market. Those moments of pure emotion make me think he truly is invested here. It's hard to remember he's still so young and D development is generally a slow process. Slavin's rise has altered my expectations unfairly for this guy, and if he is invested here and has a normal course of development, he is hopefully a mainstay on that backline for a decade. He has his hiccups for sure but I'll be damned if he isn't talented. And I, for one, refuse to be damned!

As Aaron Ward noted on Twitter, Noah handled his fight like he was a 10-year veteran, although when asked afterward when was his last fight he answered probably with a brother. Find footage somewhere, worth the effort.

Lots of good outright fights and at least one good general scuffle, all of which were handled well by those in Canes jerseys. McGinn, in particular, reminding everyone (as he does each game) that he is a NHL'er.

Even Skinner sneaked in a face-wash after his scuffle, although asked afterward if he was tempted to drop the gloves, he errr'd that he thought they were pretty much glued on.

Good team-bonding game and a great one to pack for the road. Please continue to play this way. It's like...*sob*...they almost have an identity.

I gave away my tickets because I had another ticket and then watched the game on my DVR when I got home. Man, did I pick the wrong game to miss!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Both teams needed the win bad, thankfully the Canes ended it in OT because the Canes shootout track record is enough to scare anyone that cheers for this team. Credit where credit is due, Ward was consistently good all night long. Canes need to string 3-4 wins together soon and get in a better position in the Eastern mix.

the canes play was more physical because they skated better than they did against NY. Funny how the physical game finds itself when you're contesting every square foot of ice and winning the race to loose pucks.

Even Skinner sneaked in a face-wash after his scuffle, although asked afterward if he was tempted to drop the gloves, he errr'd that he thought they were pretty much glued on.

Sinner got a deserved extra 2 minutes for that face wash. But the guy shouldn’t have been that close. The linesman was on Skinner’s right but the Panther was on his left with his stick across Skinner’s belly.

That was the longest- and best- second period of hockey I have seen in years. Real old school hockey [emoji970]!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back