• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hey Nerds: Blockchain

Great stuff from the Dow and basically my entire portfolio. Weed stocks fairly sideways again. Lots of volume early on but things died off quickly. Don't mind the sideways action. Expected a bit more from Canopy after the news but if anything I came away more confident in them as a giant, at least for the first couple years post legalization.

There just doesn't seem to be much money in the weed game since the February crash. think that scared a lot of investors off and they left and took their money elsewhere. Stability and sideways action during this time is a very very good sign though.

Last edited:
Screen-Shot-2016-11-22-at-2.13.47-PM.png

I plan on looking at some of my favourite Canadian companies when this sell off loses steam...this is the fun irrational stuff you can make money on. Not a structural problem with the industry at all.

With that said I'm doing nothing but holding. Tempting to introduce new money into the game but I already promised myself that will am only dedicating x amount of dollars to this sector.

Holding will pay off too. Not optimal but probably beats an amateur trying to time the market.

WEED halted. Halts on Friday after hours usually involves bad news.

I am not. But Friday aft is the best time slot for companies to dump their dirty laundry.

I'm seeing it stated on the forums that the constellation deal was also dropped on a Friday like this. Don't know if it's true though.

With that said...not sure what kind of stock halting news could have happened if it was bad. Pesticides?

I'm seeing it stated on the forums that the constellation deal was also dropped on a Friday like this. Don't know if it's true though.

With that said...not sure what kind of stock halting news could have happened if it was bad. Pesticides?

In a negative scenario, a press release is usually dispatched to explain the halt. (CFO is leaving the company, accounting mistake, lawsuit, pesticides, whatever)

I didn't see anything hit the wire, so perhaps it's some type of negotiation scenario that will continue over the weekend. Weed stocks seem to ask for halts more than any other sector.

Back