• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hey Nerds: Blockchain

Well its legal in October either way. Its just a question of government funding the infrastructure, or private money funding way more infrastructure. This is great news for investors IMO. A ton of opportunity just opened up.

I think public sales in Ontario was the bad news to begin with.

Short term bad, medium term good.

Under the old plan, by summer of 2019 there was going to be something in the range of 40 CCBO stores across Ontario. Under this plan, there will be over 500. I was generally pretty concerned with what the sales numbers in Ontario were going to look like under the Liberal scheme as it just wasn't going to be convenient for most people to access a cannabis retail location. I think the Conservatives have ****ed this up by not having a plan in place (also known as a plank...in a platform) and are figuring this out as they go, thus the delay, but in the end it will lead to a much better retail system so whatever.

It will be legal for online sales, so yeah, not a huge deal imo.

On a purely selfish note, I move back to Ontario in march and this delay might allow me to chase a sales license as well, hooray.

Under the old plan, by summer of 2019 there was going to be something in the range of 40 CCBO stores across Ontario. Under this plan, there will be over 500. I was generally pretty concerned with what the sales numbers in Ontario were going to look like under the Liberal scheme as it just wasn't going to be convenient for most people to access a cannabis retail location. I think the Conservatives have ****ed this up by not having a plan in place (also known as a plank...in a platform) and are figuring this out as they go, thus the delay, but in the end it will lead to a much better retail system so whatever.

On a purely selfish note, I move back to Ontario in march and this delay might allow me to chase a sales license as well, hooray.

Yep, private sales will certainly open up a lot more opportunities. The delay is unfortunate, but expected.

Yeah, I don't see how this is anything but good news.

Under the original Liberal plan, there were going to be so few "Cannabis Control Board of Ontario" stores open by legalization day anyway that this makes almost no difference in the short-term. And in the long-term, having a whole bunch of private retailers is going to be better for everyone except OPSEU, who I'm sure will be launching an aggressive advertising and lobbying campaign, claiming that the only thing standing between civil society and Armageddon is a government monopoly on weed sales, staffed by public sector unions.

Last edited:
While we wait for pot stocks to make us F U money, the greatest thing on financial twitter is Elon. It's 100% unhinged. The latest:

Dkgm88LX4AA9Tiw.jpg

If you are looking for a franchise, I can put you in touch with the CEO of a company if interested.

Yeah, ouch. Is it gonna rebound, or they gonna continue to tank?

Looking at it this way, Ether has dropped 40 percent of its value this month compared to 25 percent for Bitcoin.

This is Bitcoin doing well, at least as far as crypto currencies go. The entire crypto market is tanking.

Looking at it this way, Ether has dropped 40 percent of its value this month compared to 25 percent for Bitcoin.

This is Bitcoin doing well, at least as far as crypto currencies go. The entire crypto market is tanking.

Guess which one I invested in back in January... Oh well, not like I put a ton in to it.

Wow! Constellation Brands pours in another $4M US into Canopy. They are paying a huge 50% premium for the shares.

Wow! Constellation Brands pours in another $4M US into Canopy. They are paying a huge 50% premium for the shares.

Billion

and yeah, it's been a while since I've seen the sentiment change so quickly. Yesterday was apocalyptic, today is euphoric.

Billion

and yeah, it's been a while since I've seen the sentiment change so quickly. Yesterday was apocalyptic, today is euphoric.

Fat finger. Next time I'll wait to have my coffee first.

Back