• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hey Nerds: Blockchain

Trump is not a predictable, nor trustworthy ally. That and Rohrbacher needs all the help he can get in his election race, and marijuana is a popular topic in Cali.

So while it's interesting, call me when some movement actually happens. I've heard the MAGAts talk about Trump wanting to legalize weed for 18 months now and the Clementine in Chief has never provided consistent messaging on that.

Trump is not a predictable, nor trustworthy ally. That and Rohrbacher needs all the help he can get in his election race, and marijuana is a popular topic in Cali.

So while it's interesting, call me when some movement actually happens. I've heard the MAGAts talk about Trump wanting to legalize weed for 18 months now and the Clementine in Chief has never provided consistent messaging on that.

I agree 100% on the Clementine in Chief but I'm still optimistic:

1. Sessions is the most anti-cannabis and Trump hates him, so being on the other side makes sense
2. Reports of Phillip Morris trying to buy Aphria suggests the inevitable. They have a ton of lobbyists who are paid to read sentiment (or change it)

I agree 100% on the Clementine in Chief but I'm still optimistic:

1. Sessions is the most anti-cannabis and Trump hates him, so being on the other side makes sense
2. Reports of Phillip Morris trying to buy Aphria suggests the inevitable. They have a ton of lobbyists who are paid to read sentiment (or change it)

Yeah I absolutely agree on the 2nd bit. I don't think the Sessions bit matters on way or another. It's a coin flip on what Trump thinks moment to moment about any subject. The lobbying angle is interest, as I imagine the lobbyists have mastered how to jerk Trump off at this point. He's not interested in details, put his name or "America" on the title of the bill, tell him everyone will love him, it'll be great, it will get great ratings and he's in.

Yeah I absolutely agree on the 2nd bit. I don't think the Sessions bit matters on way or another. It's a coin flip on what Trump thinks moment to moment about any subject. The lobbying angle is interest, as I imagine the lobbyists have mastered how to jerk Trump off at this point. He's not interested in details, put his name or "America" on the title of the bill, tell him everyone will love him, it'll be great, it will get great ratings and he's in.

Hemp and Weed will Make Farming Great Again.

TNY with a crazy spike. I don't have much in them and I'm bagholding, but that was still a pleasant surprise.

Outside of that, the SPY bounce was kind of awesome. Made a killing today and pretty comfortable with my setup overall moving forward in MJ. That buzz that was within the sector back in early September? I don't want to get ahead of myself because things can turn quickly but it feels like it's coming back. MJ showed great strength in the red SPY days so as long as we stabilize on that front, I'm feeling some bullish vibes again.

Think TRST and OGI in particular have quite a bit of room to grow. Quite undervalued as far as this space is concerned and once results matter I think we'll see a spike in both. APH (who are maybe slightly undervalued) and TRST also have the potential to land some major deals, but I don't want to bank on that. All three companies have strong fundamentals and aren't valued at some crazy number at the moment. At the very worst I see them as sustainable with lots of room to grow.

And then the rest of my dough is in the US. There already some powerhouses there. Once New York legalizes it'll be interesting to see how the space changes. That is one insane market.

Last edited:
Nice move on TNY.

A couple of other things:

TRST made a new 52 week high 2 days in a row, without grabbing any headlines. That's always nice.
VFF announced a bought financing this am and jumped 13%. Probably because Aphria CEO said there won't be enough flower for everyone. Thus VFF product will be sold out.

I mean it's no PYX but I'm pretty happy with my GTII purchase right about now. Didn't time the dip to perfection, but I averaged down enough to make it worthwhile. Quick 20% gains there.

Going to continue to take profits during this time where hype is at an all-time high. Once the hype dies down, we'll surely see some major dips for some cheapie opportunities. Only X factor is of course a major deal, more than likely coming from APH or TRST at some point. I'll always have some skin in those two for that very reason. It's a matter of when, not if, for them.

I mean it's no PYX but I'm pretty happy with my GTII purchase right about now. Didn't time the dip to perfection, but I averaged down enough to make it worthwhile. Quick 20% gains there.

Going to continue to take profits during this time where hype is at an all-time high. Once the hype dies down, we'll surely see some major dips for some cheapie opportunities. Only X factor is of course a major deal, more than likely coming from APH or TRST at some point. I'll always have some skin in those two for that very reason. It's a matter of when, not if, for them.

I still haven't taken profits (other than some PYX scales) but will soon. Some of my pennies exploded today -- NMUS and FRLF up 50% and 40% respectively. Always a sign things are getting frothy when the juniors are bid up by those late to the party.

In travel news, I just booked another vacation to Japan (have some travel credits and Aventura points so it came out to $600 a ticket for two tickets), but definitely going to upgrade to economy plus using further travel credits I have in my back pocket. **** no to regular economy seats in a 14 hour flight. I did that once. Never again. Anyway, should be a good time. Free hotels, but going to go a little cheaper with them this time around. Planning a potential Italy/Germany trip the following year (I have a shit ton of bonds in italy that are maturing in 2020 and need to go in person to pick them up) so even though I will be able to rack up enough points to have a very nice trip, I want a full on rockstar 14 night Ritz Carlton level vacation for that one.

Anddd I currently have about 230,000 Aeroplan points that I'm going to offload. Should be able to get about $3200-3500 for those.

Life is good right now and honestly I have you guys to thank for the weed stock end of it, and myself to thank for figuring out churning well ahead of most (but still wish I did it a couple years earlier). It has resulted in some life changing vacations and memories. Only problem is the slightly depressive first few weeks post-vacation. Going from waking up in Barcelona with absolutely no resonsibilities and getting to pick anything to do, to going to a mundane 9-5 job really makes shit a little too real for my liking. But that's nothing that another planned vacation to look forward to can't fix.

A couple of popular tickers here, MPX and IAN, both halted this am at exactly the same time. Deal? I own both, so fingers crossed.

APH application also in. Not to mention potential major deals for companies like ACB, APH and TRST. It's a matter of when (and how advantageous the deal will be), not if, for those.

Catalysts coming left right and center in both the American and Canadian side right now. Hold strong.

I own MPX, not as much as I should have bought. Never got in on IAN.

So I take it by a quick glance I will now get X amount of Ian shares plus is it share for share for MPX international???

TEST.V

Fluortech Ltd

Calgary based outfit that claim to have developed a device that can test for levels of THC and CBD in saliva and can be used as a road side impairment tool

TEST.V

Fluortech Ltd

Calgary based outfit that claim to have developed a device that can test for levels of THC and CBD in saliva and can be used as a road side impairment tool

Chart doesn't look very good. Sort of in no man's land right now. Double top at .73 in late August and a series of lower highs since.

Thanks for putting it on my radar -- it might tempt me if blasts through the 70 cent barrier again.

Overall, the cannabis patch is looking a little wobbly. That's why I posted on Monday that I'd be taking some profits soon. I even bought some CGC puts yesterday for a daytrade as a hedge against my longs.

CannaRoyalty was my only green bean.

Back