• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hey Nerds: Blockchain

That's one sexy looking 5 billion dollar draw down at the beginning of January. The Sessions Draw down, we should probably call it.

BMO just underwrote Canopy's new 175 million dollar bought deal, the first major bank to get involved like this. Massive validation for the industry. As big as the Constellation deal in a lot of ways.

BTFD

Sessions or not, there was going to be a dip. Euphoria needs a pause. There will be other dips.

BTFD

Sessions or not, there was going to be a dip. Euphoria needs a pause. There will be other dips.

You're not wrong, though I don't think the dip would have been this strong without beauregard opening his midget cock hole.

Now for an interesting tidbit, or at least it was, to me. We are told, that Bitcoin was invented by a Japanese fella in 2008. Although there are many alternative theories.

But lets take a look at the front cover of the economist, january issue, 1988.

http://reddragonleo.com/media/the-economist-get-ready-for-a-world-currency-1988-229x300.jpg

Interesting headline, interesting looking coin, interesting that the phoenix is standing on burning USD cash.

Interesting that Trump in February of last year called out for a new world currency.

The date on that coin, that to me, certainly has a crypto look to it, is 2018.

Just found it interesting. My take? Crytpo's are here to stay at the very least. And some of them in a big way.

Nuther great post btw Mindzeye, you really know how to build a foundation for wealth, a rare skill, and one that takes a lot of work to develop.

The anomaly I spoke of btw, in 2014 was a major magazine in the U.S. suddenly at a key point in the development of the MJ froth saying it would never become legalized or something like that. Of course that shook off a lot of retail.

Last edited:
That's one sexy looking 5 billion dollar draw down at the beginning of January. The Sessions Draw down, we should probably call it.

BMO just underwrote Canopy's new 175 million dollar bought deal, the first major bank to get involved like this. Massive validation for the industry. As big as the Constellation deal in a lot of ways.

Canopy may get hit hard today with a bit of a share dilution going on I think. But longterm this is probably a good thing.

Bloody start for me in this game. I know it's short term pain for longterm game but I kind of wish I started a week later than I did ha.

Now for an interesting tidbit, or at least it was, to me. We are told, that Bitcoin was invented by a Japanese fella in 2008. Although there are many alternative theories.

But lets take a look at the front cover of the economist, january issue, 1988.

http://reddragonleo.com/media/the-economist-get-ready-for-a-world-currency-1988-229x300.jpg

Interesting headline, interesting looking coin, interesting that the phoenix is standing on burning USD cash.

Interesting that Trump in February of last year called out for a new world currency.

The date on that coin, that to me, certainly has a crypto look to it, is 2018.

Just found it interesting. My take? Crytpo's are here to stay at the very least. And some of them in a big way.

Nuther great post btw Mindzeye, you really know how to build a foundation for wealth, a rare skill, and one that takes a lot of work to develop.

The anomaly I spoke of btw, in 2014 was a major magazine in the U.S. suddenly at a key point in the development of the MJ froth saying it would never become legalized or something like that. Of course that shook off a lot of retail.

For sure crypto is the future, the question is which crypto coin will win out? Like, if it takes an hour to confirm a bitcoin transaction, it will never be usable for daily purchases. Of course, maybe they don't need to - if you have a credit card that charges in crypto, you can use the Visa/MC infrastructure to process the daily transactions, and then waiting a couple hours to confirm you payment of the card every month is certainly not a problem.

I try to get to know the people behind the coin, what drives them? DO they just want to sell a ton of coins into retail sheep, or do they want to build something for the medium and long term, and I need past history please.

I try to get to know the people behind the coin, what drives them? DO they just want to sell a ton of coins into retail sheep, or do they want to build something for the medium and long term, and I need past history please.

Bitcoins original dev group are all strong holders and generally want to make changes to the technology to overcome it's shortcomings. When you look at other alt coins like Ethereum, Monero, etc they're almost all based on some sort of functional utility.

Oh I know, I did follow it all of last year. Just pointing out that they've had a nice day in a generally bloody day elsewhere. Although it appears to have recovered a bit.

APH and MARI killing it.

I should stop following it daily since I plan on sitting back and holding longterm. It becomes too tempting to join in on some of the hot stocks.

I sometimes don't love that I don't have any skin on some of these other stocks... What if my three companies fail?

I'm probably just mentally ill tbh. I've easily been able to passively invest over the past several years without any panic.. but idk if I'll have the mental capacity to do it with weed stocks.

jesse-livermore-346823.jpg

Jesse lost several fortunes with sitting on margin and being wrong. Finally took his own life. But what I took from that book is that intuitive gut feel is a key part of being a successful investor. And for most of his career, Jesse, had incredible feel for the market directions.

To go from one level of the illuminati to the next level, that is the one book that is mandatory btw.

I continue to hold GWPH from $48 (now $130) but siphoned some of those profits in some cheapo spec plays -- Inmed (Canada), CNAB and NMUS (USA) and OWCP (Israel).

I am not clairvoyant enough to know which one of those spec plays will find a cure --- but I'm positioned in such a way that I just need one of those to hit --- the rest can all go to zero and I come out way ahead. If they all fail, it won't even matter.

Good news on the NMUS front. Emerald Health gave them a financial lifeline. Even with a 50% move on Friday, NMUS market cap is still < than $10M.

Through it's association with Univ of Mississipi, NMUS has been the only US entity authorized by the Federal government to cultivate and study cannabis. If they fail to capitalize on that multi-year advantage, they are idiots. It's a bet (very small) I'm willing to take.

I might also start nibbling on EMH.

Buddy of mine is going to apply for one of the licenses in Ohio. Man, its 20k just to submit your app. I don't like his chances, but he is all gung ho on it.

Dipping into MARI last week has paid off at least in the short term. Going to hold longterm but it's always a nice feeling seeing it explode after buying some shares. Mind you, not a lot of shares but some nonetheless.

Back