• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: 2018 World Junior Hockey Championship

hairnova

News Breaker
Camp Roster:

Goalies:
Michael DiPietro (VAN)
Carter Hart (PHI)
Samuel Harvey
Colton Point (DAL)

Defencemen:
Jake Bean (CAR)
Dennis Cholowski (DET)
Kale Clague (LA)
Dante Fabbro (NSH)
Mario Ferraro (SJ)
Cal Foote (TB)
Josh Mahura (ANA)
Cale Makar (COL)
Logan Stanley (WPG)
Conor Timmins (COL)

Forwards:
Jonathan Ang (FLA)
Drake Batherson (OTT)
Maxime Comtois (ANA)
Dillon Dube (CGY)
Alex Formenton (OTT)
Jonah Gadjovich (VAN)
Cody Glass (VGK)
Brett Howden (TB)
Tanner Kaspick (STL)
Boris Katchouk (TB)
Jordan Kyrou (STL)
Kole Lind (VAN)
Michael McLeod (NJ)
Taylor Raddysh (TB)
Sam Steel (ANA)
Tyler Steenbergen (ARI)
Nick Suzuki (VGK)
Robert Thomas (STL)

Adrian Dater:
I'm also hearing it's highly likely Tyson Jost will be allowed by Avs to play for Canada in World Juniors.

Team Canada:

Goalies:
Carter Hart (PHI)
Colton Point (DAL)

Defencemen:
Jake Bean (CAR)
Kale Clague (LA)
Dante Fabbro (NSH)
Cal Foote (TB)
Cale Makar (COL)
Victor Mete (MTL)
Conor Timmins (COL)

Forwards:
Drake Batherson (OTT)
Maxime Comtois (ANA)
Dillon Dube (CGY)
Alex Formenton (OTT)
Jonah Gadjovich (VAN)
Brett Howden (TB)
Boris Katchouk (TB)
Jordan Kyrou (STL)
Michael McLeod (NJ)
Taylor Raddysh (TB)
Sam Steel (ANA)
Tyler Steenbergen (ARI)
Robert Thomas (STL)

I haven't followed junior hockey much at all this year...but this strikes me as a team that is lacking in superstar firepower, but is really good on the blueline and Carter Hart is a ****ing stud in net.

great breakout pass by Liljegren from goalline to the offensive blueline leads to the swedes' 1st goal.

Yeah, he's probably still a couple years away. He does things out there that makes you salivate for sure. I think him battling for a spot when Hainsey's contract is over is the most optimistic outcome.

People seem to be disappointed in his play from my group of friends. Stupidly, TSN gives no easy way to watch these games when ur living in Asia. Annoying.

I have watched a couple Marlies games and Liljegren needs time. He has the tools, but right now he's a pretty subpar defenseman defensively. He REALLY struggles with 1 on 1 coverage at times, and doesn't seem to have a good understanding of D zone coverage. I've seen a play where the puck is turned over in the offensive zone, Liljegren is the last defenseman back. He's actually in position to take the puck carrier but decides to take the trailing player and let the puck carrier go in on a breakaway ... as if he's telling the goalie "You take the breakaway, I take away the rebound" ... mind boggling decisions like that.

Fortunately, I think defense can very much be taught, where offense is an instinct. He'll get it over time but he's not ready for primetime yet.

lol. what are these shitty hot takes?

even before yesterday's game mvp performance, the liljy pairing was getting the matchups against the other teams' top lines and doing well.

He's been solid so far this tournament and made good improvement with the Marlies since the start of the year

Seems most are disappointed he's not putting up big offensive numbers so far and translate that to poor play.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Prelim round is boring. I can't get too interested in what Canada is doing until they play a game that means something.

Back