• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #30 | Flames vs. Canadiens | Dec 7, 2017 | 7:30p

How many goals does Pleks have in the last 10 games? He's not out there to win the game; he's out there to play the opposition to a stalemate. If Julien actually believes that Pleks gives him a better chance of winning than Galchenyuk or Byron or Gallagher then he's not as smart as he gets credit for.

I never once said it's the right strategy to win. I'm the biggest Galchenyuk supporter on this board.

However, Julien is starting Pleks to win the faceoff and create opposition zone time, thus giving MTL its best chance to win later in OT. It's dumb obviously.

He is using Pleks as a winning strategy in his mind. It's wrong.

Last edited:
I never once said it's the right strategy to win. I'm the biggest Galchenyuk supporter on this board.

However, Julien thinks starting Pleks against the oppositions top line in OT will stop those guys from scoring, thus giving MTL its best chance to win later in OT.

He is using Pleks as a winning strategy in his mind. It's wrong.

The Flames did not start the OT with their top line. In fact they started with TP types on the ice. 13 and 23 were the next shift.

Julien is one of those dotards that treats all OT's as the same. 5 on 5 is a grind but 3 on 3 is a series of Hail Mary's until someone scores. It's usually over before you know it.

No point in playing Pleks. Even if his defensive play creates a 2 on 1, he'll probably just shoot the puck in the goalie's stomach.

Julien's defensively responsible sweethearts (Pleks-Danault) have faltered in OT this season.....how about he tries offensive-minded players next time ?

People told me to calm down after he started pleks against matthews in our first loss to toronto in years.

I am now calm. You all need to chill out. Julien is ****ing retarded, the sooner we accept it, the easier it becomes.

Why are we blaming Plek? They didn't get scored and they gained possession of the puck, they did their job. It's the second unit that failed.

The Flames did not start the OT with their top line. In fact they started with TP types on the ice. 13 and 23 were the next shift.

Please don't ruin the narrative with actual facts. Remember, only Julien is an idiot coach, not his opponent behind the bench. #mobmentality

Why are we blaming Plek? They didn't get scored and they gained possession of the puck, they did their job. It's the second unit that failed.

It's not Plek's fault, but the 'job' in OT is to score; possession pings back and forth until one team gets a goal

Please don't ruin the narrative with actual facts. Remember, only Julien is an idiot coach, not his opponent behind the bench. #mobmentality

How do you explain some OT games where Drouin and Chuckie were only the 3rd option combo to see the ice.....that's insane.

There is no narrative....Julien and Therrien are cut out of the same cloth.....they are afraid to go for the win. When have you ever seen either of them go for the win in OT ???

Again, there is no narrative. Julien uses Pleks as part of his strategy to win in OT. It's what he does. He's not specifically trying for a shootout (he doesn't use Galchenyuk in shootouts either). He uses Pleks as part of his overall flawed strategy to win in OT.

Again, there is no narrative. Julien uses Pleks as part of his strategy to win in OT. It's what he does.

Julien didn't win a Cup or survived in this league all these years by actually thinking Pleks can help him win in OT

Julien survived by being a safe, low-risk, old school defensive system coach. If Pleks-Dano are ALWAYS the first two centers in OT, it's because he's hoping we make it to shootouts, because we have the advantage with Price vs the field of NHL goalies

It's like Coq said, "Fredo hockey". Someone needs to remind Julien that nothing he does in OT can take away the welfare point he's already earned so he may as well go balls out trying to get the other point up for grabs. But he always approaches OT as though he's got something to lose.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

It's like Coq said, "Fredo hockey". Someone needs to remind Julien that nothing he does in OT can take away the welfare point he's already earned so he may as well go balls out trying to get the other point up for grabs. But he always approaches OT as though he's got something to lose.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Are you not aware that if you get to the shootout you get an additional point as well?

It's not Plek's fault, but the 'job' in OT is to score; possession pings back and forth until one team gets a goal
I understand that, which is why I strongly believe that the job of the first unit is to gain possession of the puck.

Back