• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #30 | Flames vs. Canadiens | Dec 7, 2017 | 7:30p

Bad bounces/luck in the last 2. Should have gone to OT against the Blues and this one was crap on the second goal.

They didnt’t play a good game vs St.Louis they got lucky Jake Allen couldn’t stop shots from the blue line.

Tonight was just a matter of Calgary wanting it just a bit more

I hate when they play that way in OT. They can't even complete a pass or make a play, its like watching peewee hockey. It happens way too often.

I don't understand Juliens OT strategy. It's baffling.

It's perfectly easy to understand. He's coaching not to lose instead of trying to actually win. You don't start Plekanec for every OT because you're expecting him to score. You have him out there because you're trying to keep the roof from falling in. It's coaching out of fear instead of putting guys out there who can actually make something happen. It's reactive instead of proactive. It's a loser mentality and it's not the way he coached in Boston.

I have no problem with Dano being gassed as he was actually working hard. Max did a fly by in the offensive zone that started the rush down the ice.

Yeah, max has zero composure to his game, he’s always fighting the puck or missing it or losing it

It's perfectly easy to understand. He's coaching not to lose instead of trying to actually win. You don't start Plekanec for every OT because you're expecting him to score. You have him out there because you're trying to keep the roof from falling in. It's coaching out of fear instead of putting guys out there who can actually make something happen. It's reactive instead of proactive. It's a loser mentality and it's not the way he coached in Boston.

This isn't correct. He thinks his best strategy to win is to play Pleks. He's coaching to win, but he's doing it wrong.

Last edited:
Chuckie barely played after the 2nd period...

And as always, Jacque Lemaire coaching to protect the lead rarely works. Offense is the best defense, but I don't expect Jacque Lemaire disciples to coach like that

This isn't correct. He thinks his best strategy to win is to play Pleks. He coaching to win, but he's doing it wrong.

How many goals does Pleks have in the last 10 games? He's not out there to win the game; he's out there to play the opposition to a stalemate. If Julien actually believes that Pleks gives him a better chance of winning than Galchenyuk or Byron or Gallagher then he's not as smart as he gets credit for.

Back