• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT : Oil Change @ Leafs - 7:00 PM SNET-O

That game could have easily been 4-1 for the Oilers.

Leafs scrapping out wins they don't really have much business winning lately. Hope they can find their game before the goaltending dries up.

I guess. They were pretty unlucky.
I dunno...when Mark Letestu takes a glorious McDavid pass on the power-play and chunks it wide, I tend to think that's less a product of luck, and moreso a product of the fact that it was Mark Letestu taking the shot. Same goes for guys like Lucic, Strome, Maroon, the mummified corpse of Mike Cammalleri, Zack Kassian, etc.

It's sort of reminiscent of the 2015/2016 Maple Leafs. Too many pluggers not capable of finishing even in the moments where they do carry the play.

From an Oiler fan:

"***ckin’ macaroni or whatever the ****ing backup goalie is, plays like prime Roy wtf either way we can’t hit the ****ing net with our shots. "

Funny stuff. (though it does remind of the old leafs who couldn't finish and always lost to backups. )

I dunno...when Mark Letestu takes a glorious McDavid pass on the power-play and chunks it wide, I tend to think that's less a product of luck, and moreso a product of the fact that it was Mark Letestu taking the shot. Same goes for guys like Lucic, Strome, Maroon, the mummified corpse of Mike Cammalleri, Zack Kassian, etc.

It's sort of reminiscent of the 2015/2016 Maple Leafs. Too many pluggers not capable of finishing even in the moments where they do carry the play.
They hit the iron like 5 times. I'm thrilled to escape with 2 points, but by every measure they should have won handily

Funny enough the Leafs could have been easily up 3-0 If a few bounces went their way in the 1st

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

They hit the iron like 5 times. I'm thrilled to escape with 2 points, but by every measure they should have won handily
Oh, I think we both agree that the Leafs don't win this game without a great performance from McBackup & some friendly posts.

I'm just saying that at the same time, the Oilers made some of their own bad luck.

There were so many shifts tonight where McDavid was just buzzing, but he was literally the only guy on the ice you had to worry about.

Babcock on Nylander's performance tonight:

Mark Masters‏ @markhmasters
Babcock said he gave Nylander a choice to play wing or centre & William chose the middle

Mike: "I thought he did good ... I thought he skated real good ... he wasn't involved in anything negative"

Nice to see Babcock admit they spent too much time in their own zone

Despite what many think he's aware they haven't been playing up to snuff and getting helped by fantastic goaltending

willy did screw up at the end there with 2 chances to clear....and then got replaced by Bozak in the final minute...but still pretty good game for him.

Speaks alot of how he feels about Willy that he gave him a choice of position

Maybe he doesnt hate him?

While our Vezina quality goaltending of the past month will dry up, our offense will start scoring more as well. just a matter of time for that.

Back