• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes at Ducks 12/11 ... 10:30 EST

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
So ... the west coast swing ends tonight with a game at the Honda Center against the Ducks, after which the boys will stop by Vegas for some gambling and a quick game against the Golden Knights before jetting off to exotic Buffalo. Ugh ... I don't begrudge the guys this week, if I'm honest. Maybe they could at least enjoy the Disneyland fireworks from their hotel in Anaheim.

Now. The game ... Anaheim is doing their traditional early season scuffle, similar to Carolina. They usually snap out of it in enough time to make the playoffs, while the Canes ... well, they usually snap out of it in enough time to screw up their draft position. Carry on with your bad self if you've got what it takes to endure anything past the first period.

Enjoy?

Decisions, decisions tonight...the Great Christmas Light Fight on ABC or watching the Canes goaltenders get lit up like a Christmas Tree in Anaheim...both an annual tradition, both in tune with this "giving" time of year...

Aho did everything but score in the LA game. He was on.

He just moves differently than any one else out there, doing smart hockey things at all times.

Special player. I think center is his natural position.

Aho did everything but score in the LA game. He was on.

He just moves differently than any one else out there, doing smart hockey things at all times.

Special player. I think center is his natural position.

I like Aho at center....at or least try him there for an extended period. It will give him a better chance to have an influence on games which the Canes roster sorely lacks. In an ideal world, your most talented forward is a center.

There was no morning skate today so i guess we'll be surprised by the lineup as they roll off the bench.

ETA: Forslund told Gold and Ovies that Darling starts tonight, Ward tomorrow.

Last edited:
Faulk's only goal was scored in the 4-3 SO loss to the Ducks at our place on October 29.

Faulk with a fine example of sissy stick check hockey.

Francis' three goaltender contracts alone, should be enough reason to fire him.

So, that's what great goaltending looks like. Always seem to be on the wrong end of that statement.

Peters about to tack on more goals by pulling the goalie.

why is Faulk even out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing. Beyond bad in everything he does out there this season. I really like how Peters benches Fleury for his brain fart yet Faulk makes 10 dumb decisions a game and still gets his 25 minutes of ice time a night...Peters is a joke.

Who needs to be sent packing more, Faulk or Peters or both?

Last edited:
Glad I missed it! Looks like the Canes fans on FB are also complaining about Peters, Faulk and Darling.

Back