• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes at Ducks 12/11 ... 10:30 EST

So this was yet one of those "if the teams swapped goalies the Canes would have won easily" kind of games?

The Ducks goalie did make some amazing saves, and Darling did not. We'd probably make Darling look a lot better if we swapped goalies though.

There were 2 or 3 plays we made that wind up in the net most nights that he got across on. Not the usual 45 shots with 43 of them being into the crest with no traffic in front.

Note estaal went to heck when he was given the C and now the same thing has happened to Faulk.
Get rid of Faulks C.

In all seriousness, what exactly is Francis waiting for to make some kinda move, anything that at the very least shows the fan base and the players that he needs to change things up???

Why does this Mickey Mouse outfit always wait until you already have essentially missed the playoffs to make a change? We all know how this story goes...they will fall out of the playoff mix, then magically make a charge for 10 to 12 games in January or February just far enough up the standings to take themselves out of the lottery mix, but not quite close enough to the playoffs...wash, rinse, repeat! Seriously, just blow the damn thing up at the core and start fresh, Peters gone, name a real captain (not two), find a VP of Hockey Op's, make a big trade, get some of these hungry kids in Charlotte up for a chance...anything...

Because its cheaper to buy a bus ticket for a call up rather than fly him and all his shit out to Vegas.

Beginning to just think this franchise is cursed and someone sold a soul for the Stanley Cup. Eric Staal looked literally washed up in Carolina and now his career is revived as he turns 33 - https://www.foxsports.com/north/story/minnesota-wild-eric-staal-calgary-flames-121217 (Good for him, but makes me mad because he quit in Carolina)

Not really sure where Canes can and should go from here. The bottom line is the goaltending is just not up to snuff and there is not enough high-end talent on the team to overcome the dumb mistake the Canes make nightly. I guess you start with the coach and hope he can cut down on some dumb mistakes going forward but I don't think that cuts it. It is time for a major trade to shake things up......not sure anyone outside of Aho and Slavin should be getting too comfortable right now.

as CMal pointed out a couple pages back, other options at the center position need to be aggressively explored. Carolina is scaring nobody down the middle. To me, this is the chief reason so many chances we get are perimiter, low percentage looks.

The bottom line here is that SOMEONE needs to be 'fired'. For the players that means trades, call-ups, SOMETHING!!!! They need to change SOMETHING and hold players accountable. All of the coaches should be on the hot seat, although I suspect they are probably safer than the players.

Once this team comes home, its on Ronnie to do something. It would a huge mistake not to.

Take the quotes off of fired and you're on it. Somebody needs to lose their job, with prejudice ... as in not to be hired again, or shuffled off to scouting duty or whatever. Give the guys on the ice an idea that somebody will actually be held accountable for failure around here and maybe, just maybe, they'll find enough fire in their collective belly to ... aww, whatever. This roster isn't built to win in this league and I've been talking about it for two freaking years.

Back