• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #33 | Canadiens vs. Senators | Dec 16, 2017 | 7:00

GDT: Game #33 | Canadiens vs. Senators| Dec 16, 2017 | 7:00

This will be pond hockey. I expect Galchenyuk and Karlsson to have big games.
Nope - would’ve been nice for American with a Ruskie accent to step it up but when u were taken #3 overall by default (poor draft cuvée)....what it is, is what it is.

Re: GDT: Game #33 | Canadiens vs. Senators| Dec 16, 2017 | 7:00

Or the cute French kid expected to generate some offence and is not even in the top 150 in league scoring .

Or the cute French kid expected to generate some offence and is not even in the top 150 in league scoring .

Galchenyuk needs to go center. Drouin needs to go to the wing. But this can wait until the tank is over.

Galchenyuk needs to go center. Drouin needs to go to the wing. But this can wait until the tank is over.

This shitty division is opening up the door for a bad team to make the playoffs.

I get the feeling this will be MB’s reason for not selling.

This western road trip is looking like it will be ugly yet I doubt this bonehead management will get the message

This shitty division is opening up the door for a bad team to make the playoffs.

I get the feeling this will be MB’s reason for not selling.

This western road trip is looking like it will be ugly yet I doubt this bonehead management will get the message

If Boston wins their 3 games in hand the season is over.

This team will not catch the metro division teams for a WC spot and if Boston wins their 3 games in hand they will be on par with those WC teams.

In reality, the season is already over. It has been for a while.

Do you ****ing get it or you pretend to be idiot?
4-5 minutes to play game still on and he allows the 2nd one.

Funny, when I look at that goal , I blame the guy who coughed it up when he cut in front of his net and allowed Bobby F%cking Ryan to go in alone on our goalie. I don't blame the goalie on that one...

If Boston wins their 3 games in hand the season is over.
Last year it was “when the Sens win their 3 head-to-head games in hand”....

Games in hand are nice & all but execution is not a given...even taking this flawed built team MB has put together.

Last edited:

But to what end? Unlikely as it may be, the best we can hope for is a short, brutal first round elimination.

This team is a directionless, drifting dumpster fire managed by clueless lightweights.

This team is a directionless, drifting dumpster fire managed by clueless lightweights.
Peace...not arguing the merits of this poorly constructed “team” by the present GM & his hockey ops.

However, the margin between the best & worst teams in the NHL has never been slimmer, thus, the parity we see on a nightly basis. The powerhouse Leafs all of a sudden can’t score...no team is that better than the rest.

Even a slight tail off in penalty opportunities, which I expect as usual when refs put away their whistles post Xmas & TBay will see a similar tail off.

I agree the worst C lineup in the NHL, will achieve nothing until that one position is significantly upgraded & have little to no confidence in present management to execute said upgrade.

Waz put it best tanking will be nothing more than yet another band aid solution - the org needs a DNA transfusion of philosophy, which can only happen with a complete purging of any association of the past 70-years including distancing of Molson family, all alumni and a total rebuild from ground zero like expansion LV.

The Elmer Benning’s of the org who’ve been pro-scouts for 50’ish years need to be gone - like Frankie Jay who did squat to find OHL talent in his 10-yrs when the OHL was the best prospect league...

Last edited:

Wow, I knew I was right to stay away after that game last night. Classic meltdown and I pray it was alcohol induced.

Not to restart anything but the question does remain, had Carey not allowed the second goal "late" in the game, where is the guarantee that the Habs would have tied it? There is none. The Habs scored 0. Zero. Nada. Rien. Tipota. It is highly irrational to go after a goalie for the second goal against in the shutout. Especially when that goalie was the only reason it was 1-0 up until then. It wasn't like the Habs were pressuring relentlessly.

Face it, the Habs as currently constructed are the epitome of mediocre which in the world of professional sports is far worse than actually being terrible.

Sal, nothing for nothing but that is about the dumbest nickname you've clung onto. American with a Ruskie accent?

Bring your A-Game brother.

Peace...not arguing the merits of this poorly constructed “team” by the present GM & his hockey ops.

However, the margin between the best & worst teams in the NHL has never been slimmer, thus, the parity we see on a nightly basis. The powerhouse Leafs all of a sudden can’t score...no team is that better than the rest.

Even a slight tail off in penalty opportunities, which I expect as usual when refs put away their whistles post Xmas & TBay will see a similar tail off.

I agree the worst C lineup in the NHL, will achieve nothing until that one position is significantly upgraded & have little to no confidence in present management to execute said upgrade.

Waz put it best tanking will be nothing more than yet another band aid solution - the org needs a DNA transfusion of philosophy, which can only happen with a complete purging of any association of the past 70-years including distancing of Molson family, all alumni and a total rebuild from ground zero like expansion LV.

The Elmer Benning’s of the org who’ve been pro-scouts for 50’ish years need to be gone - like Frankie Jay who did squat to find OHL talent in his 10-yrs when the OHL was the best prospect league...

Excellent assessment , maybe just maybe one day it will be done.

The Laffs purged and changed course albeit the environment is different . Accepting change is half your battle .

Wow, I knew I was right to stay away after that game last night. Classic meltdown and I pray it was alcohol induced.

Not to restart anything but the question does remain, had Carey not allowed the second goal "late" in the game, where is the guarantee that the Habs would have tied it? There is none. The Habs scored 0. Zero. Nada. Rien. Tipota. It is highly irrational to go after a goalie for the second goal against in the shutout. Especially when that goalie was the only reason it was 1-0 up until then. It wasn't like the Habs were pressuring relentlessly.

Face it, the Habs as currently constructed are the epitome of mediocre which in the world of professional sports is far worse than actually being terrible.
This.

I am sooo friggin tired of people doing forensic audits on Price's performance in games where his teammates don't score even a single goal. Whether you lose 1-0 or 10-0 the only salient fact is that you scored zero goals. Focus on that, not goaltending. Price is one of the few on the roster that we don't need to obsess over.

No goalie, no matter how talented, can be a difference maker in a game where his teammates don't score a goal.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Sal, nothing for nothing but that is about the dumbest nickname you've clung onto. American with a Ruskie accent?

It's so cringe worthy. There have been some terrible nicknames on this board but that one is as forced as they come.

This.

I am sooo friggin tired of people doing forensic audits on Price's performance in games where his teammates don't score even a single goal. Whether you lose 1-0 or 10-0 the only salient fact is that you scored zero goals. Focus on that, not goaltending. Price is one of the few on the roster that we don't need to obsess over.

No goalie, no matter how talented, can be a difference maker in a game where his teammates don't score a goal.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

THIS!!

Galchenyuk plays the prototypical Russian game..the rule not the exception - the only thing North American about his game is that he was born in the US.

He’s no different than the slew of Russians that have played in the NHL and disappeared into the KHL wilderness - where he’ll end up within 4-years IMO.

Kostitsyn, Afinogenov, Frodov the list goes on & on - tons of pond hockey skill but weak learning potential with no commitment & adaptability to the NHL structured game.

As Krusty correctly pointed out IMO, Galchenyuk when faced with making a choice between two options 9-times out of-10 makes the poor choice and repeats the same errors ad nauseam

Last edited:

Ok, all that granted, it's still a dumb nickname.

Back